Which file contains the text for the front page of an oscommerce store?

  • kelly
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 13, 2007
      Hi guys,

      I need to find out which file contains the text for the front page
      of my oscommerce store.

      Essentially I had been hacked. I removed the offending article and
      re-uploaded my site, but now I have some hackers text on my front
      page.
      It doesnt appear to link to anything and my store runs as normal
      except their markings are on the top of my page and the sentence is
      repeated 20 or so times with my shop at the bottom.

      I need to find out where the offending sentence is and remove it-
      any ideas?

      I've looked in index.php/ header.php / configure.php but cant see
      the actual text in there.

      My site has quite a few mods on (in the form of contributions) so I
      dont want to upload a whole new set of files if I can help it, as
      its took me quite a while to get it to this stage (its nearly
      finished).

      Any help is much appreciated,
      Thank you,
      Kelly.
    • Sujoy Dutta
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 14, 2007
        can you give me your server Access that i can find for you and fix the problem.

        I am a oscommerce expert. I am interested to see and fix the problem.

        Only ftp access and site url require.

        Sujoy

        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 14, 2007
          Thank you for the reply Sujoy Dutta,

          I had found the answer to this particular problem just before I
          received your reply.

          For everyones information:
          the file with all the text for the front page is
          catalog/includes/languages/english/index.php

          I have found the best thing to do if you have the same problem as me
          is to upload the whole set of index.php files to your site from the
          oscommerce template. Then upload a new contact_us.php (as for some
          reason hackers are finding their way in to this and changing it
          slighly). Check your configure.php file too.

          Now change your catalog to a different name. Password protect it
          (with a hard password), and go in to configure.php and change
          everything that says catalog to your new name.
          Now you should have your site back.

          The only problem I am left with now is this:

          Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Access denied for
          user 'myusername'@'localhost' (using password: YES)
          in /home/sites/www.mysite.co.uk/public_html/catalog/admin/includes/fu
          nctions/database.php on line 19
          Unable to connect to database server!

          As I uploaded my whole site again and replaced the database.php file
          with a new one, I had to put in my mysql details again. I have
          checked the configure.php file and ammended the details there too.

          Any advice for this problem will be fantastic as it is the final
          stage for me to regain total access to my shop. As without this
          vital last step I cant regain control of my front end admin panel.

          Thank you again for the reply!
          And I hope this explanation of what I did can help someone out.
          Please, please, please, if you have a shop and its important to you -
          change the catalog name and password protect it. I am more than
          happy to tell you how to do this if you do not know already.

          Kelly.

          --- In phpresource@yahoogroups.com, "Sujoy Dutta"