how to change extension php to html

  • chetanrakesh
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 1, 2007
      hi all,

      Let me know how do i change php extension to html..
      I have uploaded all php files to server but i want to change all
      php file to html extension.. because of security..

      Regards,
      Rakesh.
    • Ankur Dave
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 1, 2007
        Use the funda of .htaccess file of apache.
        You have to write the RewriteRule

        create a new file
        put in the root dir of your folder
        go to file save it as '.htaccess'
        upload it

        For eg --
        RewriteRule (.*)\.htm[l]?(.*) $1.php$2
        Save all your file as .html so this will automatically take this as .php
        as extension.

        Or something like this too.
        RewriteRule ^index/?type=delete /path/to/file/index.php?type=delete

        If you are using the debian linux and then you have to enable the
        .htaccess by this a2enmod rewrite

        and some more things chk this toooo --

        for hiding file name & ext. code is:

        <Files filename.php>
        order allow,deny
        deny from all
        </Files>

        or hide all files with ext:
        IndexIgnore *.php *.jpg

        or protect file:
        <Files "filename.php">
        AuthType Basic
        AuthUserFile "/path/to/your/htpasswd/file/.htpasswd"
        AuthName "webFileBrowser"
        Require valid-user
        </Files>

        I think this is what you want. :)

        -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
        Regards,
        Ankur Dave
        my blog :: http://ullu.wordpress.com

        Let me know how do i change php extension to html..
        I have uploaded all php files to server but i want to change all
        php file to html extension.. because of security..

        Regards,
        Rakesh.

        phpResource encourages its members to receieve every messages. But if
        you don't like to get messages from the group, please go to the group
        home page and set your message delivery choice in the "Edit Membership"
        page.

        The information contained in, or attached to, this e-mail, contains confidential information and is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed and is subject to legal privilege. If you have received this e-mail in error you should notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail, delete the message from your system and notify your system manager. Please do not copy it for any purpose, or disclose its contents to any other person. The views or opinions presented in this e-mail are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the company. The recipient should check this e-mail and any attachments for the presence of viruses. The company accepts no liability for any damage caused, directly or indirectly, by any virus transmitted in this email.

        www.aztecsoft.com
      • Paul Herring
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 1, 2007
          On 2/1/07, chetanrakesh <chetanrakesh@...> wrote:
          hi all,

                Let me know how do i change php extension to html..
                I have uploaded all php files to server but i want to change all
          php file to html extension.. because of security..

          What perceived security threat is there that renaming the files fixes?

          --
          PJH

          #706281 +(1868)- [X]
          TriPod11: bush ain't THAT bad...he kinda knows what he's doin
          idaredbeet08: Please, Monica Lewenski had more President in her than George Bush ever will.