Re: play video on website

  • Ehsan Haque
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 14, 2006
      As far I know if you create FLV file of the video you will need to get
      a streaming server and play video from there, something similar to
      youtube.com player. Recently I have done the similar thing for a
      client and I used youtube.com to create an account for the client and
      upload his video there. From there I used the video share URL to place
      the video on the client site. As far I know (but not sure) streaming
      servers are expensive. You can also use real media streaming for the
      purpose.

      Thanks,

      Ehsan

      http://vidsearch.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=1417486799
      > is there any script for that or open source or any idea ???
      >
      > Mohamed BADR

    • Mohamed BADR
      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 14, 2006
        i am doing a clone of a web portal looks like myspace.com so i want the same way they display the video so i think the video must be on my server !!!
        what do u think??

        Mohamed BADR

        As far I know if you create FLV file of the video you will need to get
        a streaming server and play video from there, something similar to
        youtube.com player. Recently I have done the similar thing for a
        client and I used youtube.com to create an account for the client and
        upload his video there. From there I used the video share URL to place
        the video on the client site. As far I know (but not sure) streaming
        servers are expensive. You can also use real media streaming for the
        purpose.

        Thanks,

        Ehsan

        --- In phpresource@ yahoogroups. com, "Mohamed BADR" <badr@...> wrote:

        > hi guys
        > i need to make users upload videos and play it on my website
        > something like this
        http://vidsearch. myspace.com/ index.cfm? fuseaction= vids.individual& videoid=14174867 99
        > is there any script for that or open source or any idea ???
        >
        > Mohamed BADR

      • Ehsan Haque
        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 15, 2006
          Well as I mentioned in previous post, you will need to have a
          streaming server, or to be more precise your web server will need to
          have streaming ability. In case it does not have the streaming
          ability, you can always get one. I think for the purpose a good
          article to go through will be one found on Adobe site.

          http://www.adobe.com/devnet/flash/articles/flv_download_04.html

          When I tested with the FLV residing on my server, flash player played
          the video but the actual streaming was not being done. Due to that
          flash player starts loading the video first, even if you turned the
          auto play off. During the loading process the whole site goes slow,
          and other contents wait until the video is loaded. After consulting
          with a flash expert, he told me streaming servers cut that problem
          off. I hope more people will reflect on this matter. This is what I
          know so far, and truly I might be wrong. Hope to see more input from
          others.

          Regards,

          Ehsan

          --- In phpresource@yahoogroups.com, "Mohamed BADR" <badr@...> wrote:

          > i am doing a clone of a web portal looks like myspace.com so i want
          the same way they display the video so i think the video must be on my
          server !!!
          > what do u think??
          >
          > Mohamed BADR

        • Shafiq Rehman
          Message 4 of 8 , Nov 15, 2006
            Hi,

            For flash video player you can use http://www.jeroenwijering.com/?item=Flash_Video_Player
            It plays only flv files. You need to convert the uploaded video files into .flv format. For conversion you can use the MPlayer software to convert any video format to flv. For more details about MPlayer plz visit http://www.mplayerhq.hu/design7/info.html

            --
            Shafiq Rehman
            Sr. Web Engineer
            Message 5 of 8 , Nov 16, 2006
              what i need is a solution for people to upload videos and view it on my site so will be a script to convert the uploaded videos to flv ???
              if there's not then this solution is not for me !!!

              Mohamed BADR

              Message 6 of 8 , Nov 16, 2006
                You can directly run audio/video files using MPlayer . Here is a
                sample HTML code:

                <embed  style="FILTER: xray" name="RAOCXplayer"
                       autoplay="true" src="http://localhost/projects/test/test.wmv"
                       type="application/x-mplayer2" width="320" height="265"
                       ShowControls="1" ShowStatusBar="0" AutoSize="true"
                       loop="true" EnableContextMenu="0"
                 pluginspage="http://www.microsoft.com/Windows/Downloads/Contents/Products/MediaPlayer/">
                    </embed>

                Here I used src="http://localhost/projects/test/test.wmv". Change the "src"
                to whatever your audio/video source is.

                Let me know if this is what you were expecting.

                Thanks.

                $Rupom

                Message 7 of 8 , Nov 16, 2006
                  for complete solution of video files u can use "ffmpeg" download from here.
                   http://sourceforge.net/projects/ffmpeg/

                  Sponsored Link

                  $420,000 Mortgage for $1,399/month - Think You Pay Too Much For Your Mortgage? Find Out!