Re: [phpResource] Help neede for Internationalising

  • Rupom
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 28, 2006
      Hi Asif,
      Here's a link that gives a step by step internalization procedure by PHP and gettext():

      http://www.hivemindz.com/using_php_and_gettext_for_internationalization

      I got success while I was implementing some language scripts according to the discussion there.

      Rupom

      Asif Ali <itsme_me1@...> wrote:
      hi....
            I want to add new 7 languuages to Existing site.....I am talking about Internationalisation...   Plz some body help me how to creat  .po files and .mo files....
      I want to know what is the source files we have to use for crating .po file
           Thanks in advance.....

      Regards
      Mohd Asif Ali

      Yahoo! Mail

      Join "phpResource" Group And Enjoy PHPing...

      Yahoo! Mail

    • Asif Ali
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 1, 2006
        Hi....Rupom.....

                        Thanx for the given link.... One thing let me know.. After creating the .po files... is the translation has to be done  manually by a translator ?
        or the gettext itself transalates it to the target language?
           Please clarify the things....  Thank You

        Regards
        Mohd Asif Ali

        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 1, 2006
          Hi Asif,
          According to the link, I have done it manually.

          Thanks.

          http://mail.yahoo.com