GET and POST Related Questions

  • Sujit Roy
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 26, 2006
      hi all, i am a web designer, but presently i need to do some php coding. and that's why i wanna put some questions to the php ppls. please tell me what's the difference between GET and POST methods. also i need to know the better one.

      anyone, please answer me.
      thnx in advance.

      Sujit

      Yahoo! Mail
    • Stranger
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 26, 2006
        hi sujit

        here you will find almost all common question of PHP .

        and you will find all the answear of that question at our file section . pls download that file and review that . and if you have still any question pls let post here .

        here is the answear of difference between GET and POST
        http://groups.yahoo.com/group/phpresource/message/39

        Stranger

        Sujit Roy <sujit_chemistry@...> wrote:
        hi all, i am a web designer, but presently i need to do some php coding. and that's why i wanna put some questions to the php ppls. please tell me what's the difference between GET and POST methods. also i need to know the better one.

        anyone, please answer me.
        thnx in advance.

        Sujit

        Yahoo! Mail

        Yahoo! Mail

      • Rupom
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 26, 2006
          Hi Sujit,
          I welcome you to the php world. It's great to hear that you are going
          through php works. Shimul (Stranger) suggested a good set of questions
          and answers. You will find it (with the answers) in the group's file section.
          See the PDF file PHP_Developer_Interview_Questions_and_Answers.pdf.

          Now I want to give you a very short introduction to GET and POST. By GET, you
          can post a limited set of data to the server. The GET data are the data shown in URL.
          So by GET you can reproduce a result page (using the data right in the URL). POST
          data on the other hand does not appear in the URL. So you can't reproduce a page by using the URL right there. A large amount of data (with files, etc.) can be posted by POST method.

          Lets say  you have a enquiry form in your site that contains name, email, comments etc. The comments portion may be very large (usually so). In this case, it's wise to use the POST method since the data may exceed the GET data limit.

          Hope it will help you.

          Please feel free to contact through this group when you need.

          Regards,

          Rupom

          Stranger <shimul39@...> wrote:
          hi sujit

          here you will find almost all common question of PHP .

          and you will find all the answear of that question at our file section . pls download that file and review that . and if you have still any question pls let post here .

          here is the answear of difference between GET and POST
          http://groups.yahoo.com/group/phpresource/message/39

          Stranger

          Sujit Roy <sujit_chemistry@...> wrote:
          hi all, i am a web designer, but presently i need to do some php coding. and that's why i wanna put some questions to the php ppls. please tell me what's the difference between GET and POST methods. also i need to know the better one.

          anyone, please answer me.
          thnx in advance.

          Sujit

          Yahoo! Mail

          Yahoo! Mail

          Join "PHP Resources" Group And Enjoy PHPing...

          Yahoo! Mail

        • Sujit Roy