[phpXperts] Audio recording in php

  • Gautam Das
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 1, 2008
      hi there,

      I have to do a task in which,i need to record any voice message and then send it to another user...like we receive text messages from another members in community based site...so i need to send voice or audio message after recording.

      i am tired to find in google....do you have link or any information how to do it then please send me

      thanks
      Goutam

      Hottest news and in-depth analysis that goes beyond the headlines. Only on MSN News Check it out!
    • shiplu
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 1, 2008
        If its a website, then php is running in server. so Its out of php's scope to get voice of user.
        You have to use something that run on client and have facility to get voice from clients mic.
        may be flash, java applet.

        Thanks.

        --
        A K M Mokaddim
        http://talk.cmyweb.net
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 1, 2008
          >>Posted by: "Gautam Das" associate07@... gotu_d2006
          >>Wed Oct 1, 2008 2:50 am (PDT)
          >>hi there,
          >>
          >>I have to do a task in which,i need to record any voice message and then >>send it to another user...like we receive text messages from another >>members in community based site...so i need to send voice or audio >>message after recording.
          >>

          >>thanks
          >>Goutam

          you need to work on audio stream client /server both ways. your
          description suggests that it has to be recorded by the web directly.
          Needs extensive clienside controls like javascript/flash or applet and
          an encoding mechanism at server end to save the stream of audio.