hi unicode problem.

  • pro_roman
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 30, 2008
      hi experts,

      anyone can describe me about unicode?i am in dark about this subject.i
      wanna develop a site in which if i select "bengali" language, the
      whole site will b in bengali; if select "english" it will b in
      english. the whole process will be completed by using unicode.if
      anyone have any idea, any resource, any code please help me.

      thanx
    • 9el
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 1, 2008
        >Posted by: "pro_roman" pro_roman@... pro_roman
        >Tue Sep 30, 2008 7:10 pm (PDT)
        >hi experts,
        >
        >anyone can describe me about unicode?i am in dark about this subject.i
        >wanna develop a site in which if i select "bengali" language, the
        >whole site will b in bengali; if select "english" it will b in
        >english. the whole process will be completed by using unicode.if
        >anyone have any idea, any resource, any code please help me.
        >
        >thanx

        About Unicode: its de-facto standard for multilingual character
        encoding. Uni=Universal code=encoding. For more info read WikiPedia.
        visit www.unicode.org
        1. please read about localization and internationalization in wikipedia.
        2. you can get enough info in php_manual also.
        3. visit www.omicronlab.com and download their Avro Keyboard. With the
        software you'll find links to many well written tips on how to create
        bangla web.. ofcourse with unicode.
        4. Also u can use their Avro converter for converting the non unicode
        bangla to unicode version.

        9el
      • pial49
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 7, 2008
          Hi,
          there are already predefined unicode values in each languages. In the
          case of Bangla there is a pdf document in the site of Bangladesh
          Computer council. This values are used to show Bangla characters in
          any software including webpage. For Bangla language related projects
          you can visit www.ekushey.org
          Hope you can go with happy starting.