Re:Email storage

  • 9el
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 23, 2008
      >Posted by: "Vishal Subandh" >vishal.subandh@... vishals81
      >Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:19 am (PDT)
      >Hi folks my firm uses outlook for email. There is a restriction on the inbox
      >limit. However I would like to know if there is a possible way to create an
      >application in PHP that can store and retireve emails as and when needed.
      >Please let me know if this is possible and if so then how?
      >
      >Kind regards,
      >
      >Vishal

      Yes, you can do so using php's mail functions and PEAR::mail extentions.
      You read the emails using those functions and save the specific mails
      as per your need using a database system ie. MySQL

      look at imap_open(), imap_overview() etc functions and others you can
      work with any sort of mail server for your purposes to serve.

      regards

      9el