retrieving form name through php without using hidden field

  • Shahadat Hossain
    Message 1 of 12 , Sep 6, 2008
      i have a form

      <form name="mad" id="razon" .......... >
      </form>

      how do I get either the name or id from the form in php...?

      please note, i know its possible by putting an extra hidden variable into that form and track that form name. but i don't want to track this form name like this way. i want a straight forward solution. i.e. if there has any built-in variable to get the form name through php.

      another thing is noted, i just googling on this issue 2 hour but didn't get any solution may be my searching criteria was wrong. one thing is that, the form name is used for back end processing purpose only.

      hope you all understand my query properly

      razon

    • Sabuj Kundu
      Message 2 of 12 , Sep 7, 2008
        How is this:
        $token = md5(uniqid(rand(), true));
        $_SESSION['token'] = $token;
        Now use this token as form id or name.

        Sabuj Kumar Kundu
        http:/blog.manchumahara.com
        http://forum.amaderprojukti.com
        http://mkabya.page.tl

        On Sun, Sep 7, 2008 at 10:36 AM, Shahadat Hossain <razonklnbd@...> wrote:

        i have a form

        <form name="mad" id="razon" .......... >
        </form>

        how do I get either the name or id from the form in php...?

        please note, i know its possible by putting an extra hidden variable into that form and track that form name. but i don't want to track this form name like this way. i want a straight forward solution. i.e. if there has any built-in variable to get the form name through php.

        another thing is noted, i just googling on this issue 2 hour but didn't get any solution may be my searching criteria was wrong. one thing is that, the form name is used for back end processing purpose only.

        hope you all understand my query properly

        razon

      • kalai selvi
        Message 3 of 12 , Sep 7, 2008

          hi,

          what is the use of Register globals?

          thx.

        • kalai selvi
          Message 4 of 12 , Sep 7, 2008
            HI,

                      <?
            $str_val= "kalaikalki@... simple query" ;
            ?>

            see this is the string i need the value of "@... " this string only.how to take this string.can u plz send the answer for  my question.

            thx

          • Md. Shahadat Hossain Khan
            Message 5 of 12 , Sep 7, 2008
              look kundu,
              i want a specific solution. i know there has several tricks to get the
              form name. if you know such kind of built-in variable or related
              unique solution please share. anyway, thanks for your effort.

              razon

              --- In phpexperts@yahoogroups.com, "Sabuj Kundu" <manchumahara@...> wrote:

              > How is this:
              > $token = md5(uniqid(rand(), true));
              > $_SESSION['token'] = $token;
              > Now use this token as form id or name.

              > Sabuj Kumar Kundu
              > http:/blog.manchumahara.com
              > http://forum.amaderprojukti.com
              > http://mkabya.page.tl
              >

              > On Sun, Sep 7, 2008 at 10:36 AM, Shahadat Hossain <razonklnbd@...>wrote:
              >
              > > i have a form
              > >
              > > <form name="mad" id="razon" .......... >
              > > </form>
              > >
              > > how do I get either the name or id from the form in php...?
              > >
              > > please note, i know its possible by putting an extra hidden
              variable into
              > > that form and track that form name. but i don't want to track this
              form name
              > > like this way. i want a straight forward solution. i.e. if there
              has any
              > > built-in variable to get the form name through php.
              > >
              > > another thing is noted, i just googling on this issue 2 hour but
              didn't get
              > > any solution may be my searching criteria was wrong. one thing is
              that, the
              > > form name is used for back end processing purpose only.
              > >
              > > hope you all understand my query properly
              > >
              > > razon

            • Tahir
              Message 6 of 12 , Sep 7, 2008
                hi Salvi ,

                Read the article i hope it helpful to you .

                Regards,
                Tahir Rasheed Ahmed
                Web Developer
                Karachi-Pakistan

                kalai selvi <kalaikalki6484@...> wrote:

                hi,

                what is the use of Register globals?

                thx.

              • 9el
                Message 7 of 12 , Sep 8, 2008
                  register_globals is a setting in the php.ini configuration file.
                  Its set to off by default for safety reasons.

                  if its set to on... then the variables passed from one page to another
                  without special notations.
                  But thats great deal of risk in this method. Your script would will be
                  prone to intrusion and it will be hard to identify where from specific
                  inputs have been made.

                  With Register_globals turned off. we now pass variables with $_GET,
                  $_POST, $_ENV, $_SESSION, $_REQUEST, $_COOKIE, $_SERVER etc. So, we
                  can also be sure of where the requests are coming from.

                  Regards
                  9el

                  register globals.
                  Posted by: "kalai selvi" kalaikalki6484@...
                  Sun Sep 7, 2008 8:15 am (PDT)

                  hi,

                  what is the use of Register globals?

                  thx.
                • Kristiono Setyadi
                  Message 8 of 12 , Sep 8, 2008
                    Why didn't you consider using JavaScript anyway? It's
                    more simple and avoid headache to retrieve your form's
                    name or ID's...

                    Kristiono Setyadi

                    Web and .NET Programmer
                    CitraWeb Nusa Infomedia
                    http://www.citra.web.id

                    http://ksetyadi.blogs.friendster.com/

                    i want a specific solution. i know there has several tricks to get the
                    form name. if you know such kind of built-in variable or related
                    unique solution please share. anyway, thanks for your effort.

                    razon

                    --- In phpexperts@yahoogro ups.com, "Sabuj Kundu" <manchumahara@ ...> wrote:

                    > How is this:
                    > $token = md5(uniqid(rand( ), true));
                    > $_SESSION['token' ] = $token;
                    > Now use this token as form id or name.
                    >

                    > ............ ......... ...
                    > Sabuj Kumar Kundu
                    > http:/blog.manchuma hara.com
                    > http://forum. amaderprojukti. com
                    > http://mkabya. page.tl
                    >

                    > On Sun, Sep 7, 2008 at 10:36 AM, Shahadat Hossain <razonklnbd@ ...>wrote:
                    >
                    > > i have a form
                    > >
                    > > <form name="mad" id="razon" .......... >
                    > > </form>
                    > >
                    > > how do I get either the name or id from the form in php...?
                    > >
                    > > please note, i know its possible by putting an extra hidden
                    variable into
                    > > that form and track that form name. but i don't want to track this
                    form name
                    > > like this way. i want a straight forward solution. i.e. if there
                    has any
                    > > built-in variable to get the form name through php.
                    > >
                    > > another thing is noted, i just googling on this issue 2 hour but
                    didn't get
                    > > any solution may be my searching criteria was wrong. one thing is
                    that, the
                    > > form name is used for back end processing purpose only.
                    > >
                    > > hope you all understand my query properly
                    > >
                    > > razon

                  • Gautam Das
                    Message 9 of 12 , Sep 8, 2008
                      hi,

                      you can use either this way

                      $val="kalaikalki@...";
                      echo strstr($val,"@");

                      or
                      you can use preg_match()

                      Regards
                      Goutam

                      To: phpexperts@yahoogroups.com
                      From: kalaikalki6484@...
                      Date: Sun, 7 Sep 2008 08:49:45 -0700
                      Subject: [phpXperts] plz neeed help

                      HI,

                                <?
                      $str_val= "kalaikalki@yahoo. com simple query" ;
                      ?>

                      see this is the string i need the value of "@... " this string only.how to take this string.can u plz send the answer for  my question.

                      thx

                      Hottest news and in-depth analysis that goes beyond the headlines. Only on MSN News Check it out!
                    • shiplu
                      Message 10 of 12 , Sep 8, 2008
                        $m=array();
                        preg_match("|@([^\s]+)\s|",$str_val,$m);
                        $result = "@{$m[1]}";

                        HI,

                                  <?
                        $str_val= "kalaikalki@... simple query" ;
                        ?>

                        see this is the string i need the value of "@yahoo.com " this string only.how to take this string.can u plz send the answer for  my question.

                        thx

                        __._,_.

                        --
                        A K M Mokaddim
                        http://talk.cmyweb.net
                        Message 11 of 12 , Sep 8, 2008

                          thanks i got it

                          also help this .

                          diff b/w == and === in PHP

                          diff b/w foo() and @foo() in PHP
                          plz send me .

                          Reagrds,

                          Kalaiselvi Ranganathan

                          Message 12 of 12 , Sep 8, 2008
                            == is equal, but not identical;
                            but === is equal and identical (in type).

                            foo() return the function and report the error(s), if any;
                            but @foo() didn't launch the error(s) if they are exists.

                            From: shiplu <shiplu.net@gmail. com>
                            To: phpexperts@yahoogro ups.com
                            Date: Monday, September 8, 2008, 3:17 PM