Re: [phpXperts] email to trigger php script

  • Zakir Hossain
    Message 1 of 15 , Sep 3, 2008
      Its not hard. You pipe the email to TheEmail.php script. So whenever mail is received this script is triggered.

      Note: You must have TheEmail.php executables permission.

      If you search web 'email piping' u will get many examples.

      thanks

      On Wed, Sep 3, 2008 at 11:53 AM, Muktadir Hossain <mkhosn@...> wrote:

      Hello Experts,

      What should be the process for triggering any particular php script with the arrival of a new email to any particular email address.

      For example,

      Suppose new email came to autoprocessor@...
      Now with this arrival processTheEmail.php should be executed and read the email and get the data.

      What should be the process for accomplishing this? Any idea, link?

      Looking forward to hearing your comments and suggestions.

      Thanks,
      Muktadir Hossain

      --
      Best Regard,
      Raju
      Message 2 of 15 , Sep 3, 2008
        Hello Zakir,

        Thanks for sharing worthy information about the problem. I truly appreciate your effort.

        It was a real indication of getting the way out.

        Warm Regards,
        Muktadir Hossain

        Suppose new email came to autoprocessor@ somedomail. com
        Now with this arrival processTheEmail. php should be executed and read the email and get the data.

        What should be the process for accomplishing this? Any idea, link?

        Looking forward to hearing your comments and suggestions.

        Thanks,
        Muktadir Hossain

        --
        Best Regard,
        Raju
        http://hungrycoder. xenexbd.com
        ------------ --------- -------
        Incredible Bangla Portal
        www.projanmo. com
      • Saidur Rahman
        Message 3 of 15 , Sep 3, 2008
          Hi!
          Congratulation Google for Chrome but still have some problem i found. I think google recover it very soon. Thnaks

          S.M. Saidur Rahman
          Sr. Programmer
          Work: +8801911731214
          Mobile: +8801911731214
          rana_0036@...
          Visit MyBlogLog and get a signature like this!

            Message 5 of 15 , Sep 4, 2008
              How could that happen, Google made a browser that
              only run in Vista and XP? Even in my Windows 2000,
              Chrome rejected to run. I just don't understand with
              this Google's maneuver right now.

              If market is the reason, then they should build it
              in all major OS, including Linux. Apple done better
              by providing Safari for Windows (even they know
              that Windows is their 'enemy').

              I heard recently that Google gave fund and support
              to open source community to build Firefox and other
              interesting technologies. Is this what they want?
              To get a cheap technology and use it for their
              own profit? Why didn't they support Firefox,
              after all?

              I don't understand, really don't understand...

              Kristiono Setyadi

              Web and .NET Programmer
              CitraWeb Nusa Infomedia
              http://www.citra.web.id

              http://ksetyadi.blogs.friendster.com/

              ____________ _________ ____
              Md. Bayezid Al-Arabi
              Software Engineer, ICT
              Institute of Water Modelling
              House # 496, Road # 32
              New DOHS, Mohakhali, Dhaka, Bangladesh
              Web: www.iwmbd.org
              Email: baa@...
              Phone:8822105- 6 Ext 117

            • zahid rafiq
              Message 6 of 15 , Sep 4, 2008
                Hi All,

                PIPE email is the right way to handle this.

                Here are good article on PIPE Email.

                http://www.evolt.org/article/Incoming_Mail_and_PHP/18/27914
                http://www.modwest.com/help/kb9-275.html

                Hopes it helps you

                Thanks
                M Zahid

                Message 7 of 15 , Sep 5, 2008
                  Google used to pay the Adsense publishers $0.10 to $1 varied upon location of the downloaders of FireFox from any site which promoted Firefox through AdsenseReferrals. So, that was a great deal of support done by google for open source community. But why did they start a project only for vista and XP is questionable.