email to trigger php script

  • Muktadir Hossain
    Message 1 of 15 , Sep 2, 2008
      Hello Experts,

      What should be the process for triggering any particular php script with the arrival of a new email to any particular email address.

      For example,

      Suppose new email came to autoprocessor@...
      Now with this arrival processTheEmail.php should be executed and read the email and get the data.

      What should be the process for accomplishing this? Any idea, link?

      Looking forward to hearing your comments and suggestions.

      Thanks,
      Muktadir Hossain

    • Zakir Hossain
      Message 2 of 15 , Sep 3, 2008
        Its not hard. You pipe the email to TheEmail.php script. So whenever mail is received this script is triggered.

        Note: You must have TheEmail.php executables permission.

        If you search web 'email piping' u will get many examples.

        thanks

        --
        Best Regard,
        Raju
        Message 3 of 15 , Sep 3, 2008
          Hello Zakir,

          Thanks for sharing worthy information about the problem. I truly appreciate your effort.

          It was a real indication of getting the way out.

          Warm Regards,
          Muktadir Hossain

          Suppose new email came to autoprocessor@ somedomail. com
          Now with this arrival processTheEmail. php should be executed and read the email and get the data.

          What should be the process for accomplishing this? Any idea, link?

          Looking forward to hearing your comments and suggestions.

          Thanks,
          Muktadir Hossain

          --
          Best Regard,
          Raju
          http://hungrycoder. xenexbd.com
          ------------ --------- -------
          Incredible Bangla Portal
          www.projanmo. com
        • Saidur Rahman
          Message 4 of 15 , Sep 3, 2008
            Hi!
            Congratulation Google for Chrome but still have some problem i found. I think google recover it very soon. Thnaks

            S.M. Saidur Rahman
            Sr. Programmer
            Work: +8801911731214
            Mobile: +8801911731214
            rana_0036@...
            Visit MyBlogLog and get a signature like this!

              Message 6 of 15 , Sep 4, 2008
                How could that happen, Google made a browser that
                only run in Vista and XP? Even in my Windows 2000,
                Chrome rejected to run. I just don't understand with
                this Google's maneuver right now.

                If market is the reason, then they should build it
                in all major OS, including Linux. Apple done better
                by providing Safari for Windows (even they know
                that Windows is their 'enemy').

                I heard recently that Google gave fund and support
                to open source community to build Firefox and other
                interesting technologies. Is this what they want?
                To get a cheap technology and use it for their
                own profit? Why didn't they support Firefox,
                after all?

                I don't understand, really don't understand...

                Kristiono Setyadi

                Web and .NET Programmer
                CitraWeb Nusa Infomedia
                http://www.citra.web.id

                http://ksetyadi.blogs.friendster.com/

                ____________ _________ ____
                Md. Bayezid Al-Arabi
                Software Engineer, ICT
                Institute of Water Modelling
                House # 496, Road # 32
                New DOHS, Mohakhali, Dhaka, Bangladesh
                Web: www.iwmbd.org
                Email: baa@...
                Phone:8822105- 6 Ext 117

              • zahid rafiq
                Message 7 of 15 , Sep 4, 2008
                  Hi All,

                  PIPE email is the right way to handle this.

                  Here are good article on PIPE Email.

                  http://www.evolt.org/article/Incoming_Mail_and_PHP/18/27914
                  http://www.modwest.com/help/kb9-275.html

                  Hopes it helps you

                  Thanks
                  M Zahid

                  Message 8 of 15 , Sep 5, 2008
                    Google used to pay the Adsense publishers $0.10 to $1 varied upon location of the downloaders of FireFox from any site which promoted Firefox through AdsenseReferrals. So, that was a great deal of support done by google for open source community. But why did they start a project only for vista and XP is questionable.