Re: [phpXperts] Chrome a revolution is coming in internet browser world

  • Kristiono Setyadi
    Message 1 of 15 , Sep 2, 2008
      Internet Explorer, sooner or later, would be kicked-out
      by Firefox. If this Chrome is open source, then I'll bet
      that it would be fight tightly with Firefox. But if it wasn't
      open source, then I think nothing can beat the
      power of open source: The Firefox.

      This is just IMHO, anyway..

      Kristiono Setyadi

      Web and .NET Programmer
      CitraWeb Nusa Infomedia
      http://www.citra.web.id

      http://ksetyadi.blogs.friendster.com/

      Message 2 of 15 , Sep 2, 2008
        I agree with you. have you all see the IE 8 Beta?
        It seems that the browser just combine the power
        of Firefox, Opera and Safari. Just take a look little
        closer to it and, if you are really web developer
        and often use those prime browsers, you will see
        that Internet Explorer just combine them all in
        one place.

        Smart enough, I think...

        Kristiono Setyadi

        Web and .NET Programmer
        CitraWeb Nusa Infomedia
        http://www.citra.web.id

        http://ksetyadi.blogs.friendster.com/

        Whenever google wants to launch some thing me too, it creates a hype like this.. Think of this project, its just another firefox. Same type of hype was there when the launched Google App Engine which finally people realised after 2-3 weeks of launch is a me too AWS counter part.

        Thanks & Regards,
        Novice(http: //www.ishuonweb. wordpress. com)

        It will surely bring a revolution to the web browser world. The idea seems awesome.

        ____________ _________ ____
        Md. Bayezid Al-Arabi
        Software Engineer, ICT
        Institute of Water Modelling
        House # 496, Road # 32
        New DOHS, Mohakhali, Dhaka, Bangladesh
        Web: www.iwmbd.org
        Email: baa@...
        Phone:8822105- 6 Ext 117

      • Novice Programmer
        Message 3 of 15 , Sep 2, 2008
          Agreed point to point Kristiono.  IE8 is also zilch in terms of innovation. IE was an innovation when it launched after that they barely did any innovation(they did not even provided tabbed browsing) till FF launched. Google blames Microsoft of killing innovation. Now think what they themselves are doing:
          1. Google App Engine(two years after they realised that Amazon is pulling a lot of developers towards themselves, lets create some thing parellal to it and ended up launch a me too Google App Engine).
          2. Now Chrome.

          Explaining the concepts with the help of cartoons is none of a technical innovation, its just marketting innovation and thats what google is eating these days.. Marketting....

          Thanks & Regards,
          Novice

[...]

          Add more friends to your messenger and enjoy! Invite them now..

        • 9el
          Message 4 of 15 , Sep 2, 2008
            But its not yet available for Ubuntu. I hope it will be good competition between FireFox and Chrome.

            Chrome a revolution is coming in internet browser world

            Posted by: "Md. Bayezid Al-Arabi" sabuz_cse@...   sabuz_cse

            Mon Sep 1, 2008 9:28 pm (PDT)

            Today google is launching the beta version of Google Chrome in more than 100 countries.

            Watch at Google official blog site:
            http://googleblog.blogspot.com/2008/09/fresh-take-on-browser.html
            Features of Chrome:
            http://www.google.com/googlebooks/chrome/
            About chrome in BBC:

            _________________________
            Md. Bayezid Al-Arabi
            Software Engineer, ICT
            Institute of Water Modelling
            House # 496, Road # 32
            New DOHS, Mohakhali, Dhaka, Bangladesh
            Web: www.iwmbd.org
            Email: baa@...
            Phone:8822105-6 Ext 117

          • Muktadir Hossain
            Message 5 of 15 , Sep 2, 2008
              Hello Experts,

              What should be the process for triggering any particular php script with the arrival of a new email to any particular email address.

              For example,

              Suppose new email came to autoprocessor@...
              Now with this arrival processTheEmail.php should be executed and read the email and get the data.

              What should be the process for accomplishing this? Any idea, link?

              Looking forward to hearing your comments and suggestions.

              Thanks,
              Muktadir Hossain

            • Zakir Hossain
              Message 6 of 15 , Sep 3, 2008
                Its not hard. You pipe the email to TheEmail.php script. So whenever mail is received this script is triggered.

                Note: You must have TheEmail.php executables permission.

                If you search web 'email piping' u will get many examples.

                thanks

                --
                Best Regard,
                Raju
                Message 7 of 15 , Sep 3, 2008
                  Hello Zakir,

                  Thanks for sharing worthy information about the problem. I truly appreciate your effort.

                  It was a real indication of getting the way out.

                  Warm Regards,
                  Muktadir Hossain

                  Suppose new email came to autoprocessor@ somedomail. com
                  Now with this arrival processTheEmail. php should be executed and read the email and get the data.

                  What should be the process for accomplishing this? Any idea, link?

                  Looking forward to hearing your comments and suggestions.

                  Thanks,
                  Muktadir Hossain

                  --
                  Best Regard,
                  Raju
                  http://hungrycoder. xenexbd.com
                  ------------ --------- -------
                  Incredible Bangla Portal
                  www.projanmo. com
                • Saidur Rahman
                  Message 8 of 15 , Sep 3, 2008
                    Hi!
                    Congratulation Google for Chrome but still have some problem i found. I think google recover it very soon. Thnaks

                    S.M. Saidur Rahman
                    Sr. Programmer
                    Work: +8801911731214
                    Mobile: +8801911731214
                    rana_0036@...
                    Visit MyBlogLog and get a signature like this!

                    But its not yet available for Ubuntu. I hope it will be good competition between FireFox and Chrome.

                    Chrome a revolution is coming in internet browser world

                    Posted by: "Md. Bayezid Al-Arabi" sabuz_cse@yahoo. com   sabuz_cse

                    Mon Sep 1, 2008 9:28 pm (PDT)

                    http://news. bbc.co.uk/ 2/hi/technology/ 7593106.stm

                      Message 10 of 15 , Sep 4, 2008
                        How could that happen, Google made a browser that
                        only run in Vista and XP? Even in my Windows 2000,
                        Chrome rejected to run. I just don't understand with
                        this Google's maneuver right now.

                        If market is the reason, then they should build it
                        in all major OS, including Linux. Apple done better
                        by providing Safari for Windows (even they know
                        that Windows is their 'enemy').

                        I heard recently that Google gave fund and support
                        to open source community to build Firefox and other
                        interesting technologies. Is this what they want?
                        To get a cheap technology and use it for their
                        own profit? Why didn't they support Firefox,
                        after all?

                        I don't understand, really don't understand...

                        Message 11 of 15 , Sep 4, 2008
                          Hi All,

                          PIPE email is the right way to handle this.

                          Here are good article on PIPE Email.

                          http://www.evolt.org/article/Incoming_Mail_and_PHP/18/27914
                          http://www.modwest.com/help/kb9-275.html

                          Hopes it helps you

                          Thanks
                          M Zahid

                          Message 12 of 15 , Sep 5, 2008
                            Google used to pay the Adsense publishers $0.10 to $1 varied upon location of the downloaders of FireFox from any site which promoted Firefox through AdsenseReferrals. So, that was a great deal of support done by google for open source community. But why did they start a project only for vista and XP is questionable.