Chrome a revolution is coming in internet browser world

  • Md. Bayezid Al-Arabi
    Message 1 of 15 , Sep 1, 2008
      Today google is launching the beta version of Google Chrome in more than 100 countries.
      Watch at Google official blog site:
      http://googleblog.blogspot.com/2008/09/fresh-take-on-browser.html
      Features of Chrome:
      http://www.google.com/googlebooks/chrome/
      About chrome in BBC:

      Now 80% of internet user is using internet explorer.
      Do you think Chrome will affect this % ????

      Best Regards
      _________________________
      Md. Bayezid Al-Arabi
      Software Engineer, ICT
      Institute of Water Modelling
      House # 496, Road # 32
      New DOHS, Mohakhali, Dhaka, Bangladesh
      Web: www.iwmbd.org
      Email: baa@...
      Phone:8822105-6 Ext 117

    • Rakibul Hasan

        Message 3 of 15 , Sep 1, 2008
          Whenever google wants to launch some thing me too, it creates a hype like this.. Think of this project, its just another firefox. Same type of hype was there when the launched Google App Engine which finally people realised after 2-3 weeks of launch is a me too AWS counter part.

          Thanks & Regards,
          Novice(http://www.ishuonweb.wordpress.com)

          ____________ _________ ____
          Md. Bayezid Al-Arabi
          Software Engineer, ICT
          Institute of Water Modelling
          House # 496, Road # 32
          New DOHS, Mohakhali, Dhaka, Bangladesh
          Web: www.iwmbd.org
          Email: baa@...
          Phone:8822105- 6 Ext 117

        • Kristiono Setyadi
          Message 4 of 15 , Sep 2, 2008
            Internet Explorer, sooner or later, would be kicked-out
            by Firefox. If this Chrome is open source, then I'll bet
            that it would be fight tightly with Firefox. But if it wasn't
            open source, then I think nothing can beat the
            power of open source: The Firefox.

            This is just IMHO, anyway..

            Kristiono Setyadi

            Web and .NET Programmer
            CitraWeb Nusa Infomedia
            http://www.citra.web.id

            http://ksetyadi.blogs.friendster.com/

            Message 5 of 15 , Sep 2, 2008
              I agree with you. have you all see the IE 8 Beta?
              It seems that the browser just combine the power
              of Firefox, Opera and Safari. Just take a look little
              closer to it and, if you are really web developer
              and often use those prime browsers, you will see
              that Internet Explorer just combine them all in
              one place.

              Smart enough, I think...

              Message 6 of 15 , Sep 2, 2008
                Agreed point to point Kristiono.  IE8 is also zilch in terms of innovation. IE was an innovation when it launched after that they barely did any innovation(they did not even provided tabbed browsing) till FF launched. Google blames Microsoft of killing innovation. Now think what they themselves are doing:
                1. Google App Engine(two years after they realised that Amazon is pulling a lot of developers towards themselves, lets create some thing parellal to it and ended up launch a me too Google App Engine).
                2. Now Chrome.

                Explaining the concepts with the help of cartoons is none of a technical innovation, its just marketting innovation and thats what google is eating these days.. Marketting....

                Thanks & Regards,
                Novice

[...]

                Add more friends to your messenger and enjoy! Invite them now..

              • 9el
                Message 7 of 15 , Sep 2, 2008
                  But its not yet available for Ubuntu. I hope it will be good competition between FireFox and Chrome.

                  Chrome a revolution is coming in internet browser world

                  Posted by: "Md. Bayezid Al-Arabi" sabuz_cse@...   sabuz_cse

                  Mon Sep 1, 2008 9:28 pm (PDT)

                  Today google is launching the beta version of Google Chrome in more than 100 countries.

                  Watch at Google official blog site:
                  http://googleblog.blogspot.com/2008/09/fresh-take-on-browser.html
                  Features of Chrome:
                  http://www.google.com/googlebooks/chrome/
                  About chrome in BBC:

                  Now 80% of internet user is using internet explorer.

                  Do you think Chrome will affect this % ????

                  Best Regards
                  _________________________
                  Md. Bayezid Al-Arabi
                  Software Engineer, ICT
                  Institute of Water Modelling
                  House # 496, Road # 32
                  New DOHS, Mohakhali, Dhaka, Bangladesh
                  Web: www.iwmbd.org
                  Email: baa@...
                  Phone:8822105-6 Ext 117

                • Muktadir Hossain
                  Message 8 of 15 , Sep 2, 2008
                    Hello Experts,

                    What should be the process for triggering any particular php script with the arrival of a new email to any particular email address.

                    For example,

                    Suppose new email came to autoprocessor@...
                    Now with this arrival processTheEmail.php should be executed and read the email and get the data.

                    What should be the process for accomplishing this? Any idea, link?

                    Looking forward to hearing your comments and suggestions.

                    Thanks,
                    Muktadir Hossain

                  • Zakir Hossain
                    Message 9 of 15 , Sep 3, 2008
                      Its not hard. You pipe the email to TheEmail.php script. So whenever mail is received this script is triggered.

                      Note: You must have TheEmail.php executables permission.

                      If you search web 'email piping' u will get many examples.

                      thanks

                      --
                      Best Regard,
                      Raju
                      Message 10 of 15 , Sep 3, 2008
                        Hello Zakir,

                        Thanks for sharing worthy information about the problem. I truly appreciate your effort.

                        It was a real indication of getting the way out.

                        Warm Regards,
                        Muktadir Hossain

                        Suppose new email came to autoprocessor@ somedomail. com
                        Now with this arrival processTheEmail. php should be executed and read the email and get the data.

                        What should be the process for accomplishing this? Any idea, link?

                        Looking forward to hearing your comments and suggestions.

                        Thanks,
                        Muktadir Hossain

                        --
                        Best Regard,
                        Raju
                        http://hungrycoder. xenexbd.com
                        ------------ --------- -------
                        Incredible Bangla Portal
                        www.projanmo. com
                      • Saidur Rahman
                        Message 11 of 15 , Sep 3, 2008
                          Hi!
                          Congratulation Google for Chrome but still have some problem i found. I think google recover it very soon. Thnaks

                          S.M. Saidur Rahman
                          Sr. Programmer
                          Work: +8801911731214
                          Mobile: +8801911731214
                          rana_0036@...
                          Visit MyBlogLog and get a signature like this!

                          But its not yet available for Ubuntu. I hope it will be good competition between FireFox and Chrome.

                          Chrome a revolution is coming in internet browser world

                          Posted by: "Md. Bayezid Al-Arabi" sabuz_cse@yahoo. com   sabuz_cse

                          Mon Sep 1, 2008 9:28 pm (PDT)

                          http://news. bbc.co.uk/ 2/hi/technology/ 7593106.stm

                            Message 13 of 15 , Sep 4, 2008
                              How could that happen, Google made a browser that
                              only run in Vista and XP? Even in my Windows 2000,
                              Chrome rejected to run. I just don't understand with
                              this Google's maneuver right now.

                              If market is the reason, then they should build it
                              in all major OS, including Linux. Apple done better
                              by providing Safari for Windows (even they know
                              that Windows is their 'enemy').

                              I heard recently that Google gave fund and support
                              to open source community to build Firefox and other
                              interesting technologies. Is this what they want?
                              To get a cheap technology and use it for their
                              own profit? Why didn't they support Firefox,
                              after all?

                              I don't understand, really don't understand...

                              Message 14 of 15 , Sep 4, 2008
                                Hi All,

                                PIPE email is the right way to handle this.

                                Here are good article on PIPE Email.

                                http://www.evolt.org/article/Incoming_Mail_and_PHP/18/27914
                                http://www.modwest.com/help/kb9-275.html

                                Hopes it helps you

                                Thanks
                                M Zahid

                                Message 15 of 15 , Sep 5, 2008
                                  Google used to pay the Adsense publishers $0.10 to $1 varied upon location of the downloaders of FireFox from any site which promoted Firefox through AdsenseReferrals. So, that was a great deal of support done by google for open source community. But why did they start a project only for vista and XP is questionable.