Re: [phpexperts] Wondering with TeleTalk Web site ……!!!!

  • Fahmedul Haque
    Message 1 of 4 , May 8, 2005

      Dear all;

      teletalk did a good job.but i got so many trouble for submitting the form.

      # i didn't get the image verification code without refresh(Submit) the page.

      # I think security and session control is under question......../

      Anyway good step for teletalk but developed team(website) should maintain some more quality....

      Thanx all.....my badluck i didn't get chance to register  myself yet.my friends took the first preferences.......................  !!!

      zoha

      Yahoo! Mail Mobile
    • jphp0xhasan
      Message 2 of 4 , May 8, 2005
        I already post its solution in my site visit it
        (http://hasan.we4tech.com). It may be there problem.

        -hasan

      • dennis@inmarket.lviv.ua
        Message 3 of 4 , May 8, 2005
          Hello,

          At least some expert topic ;)

          Actually I think that the developers didn't know that pages can be easily
          parsed and this code could be really easily discovered. I use session to
          store the code value; however, using md5() on the code and attaching it as
          a hidden field seems really reasonable.

          But just to remind that there is nothing absolutely secure: once I came
          across a Perl script that used expernal Unix command to optically
          recognize characters on a security image to fool around security at one
          SMS sending site! Can you imageine that? It downloaded the image to a
          remote site, decoded the text and then did a simple form substitution to
          actually send the message. That's why sooner or later we should be moving
          to some more advanced technique - like small gif animation or even audio
          file that has to be listened to. Any ideas?

          Dennis Popel
          ProjectsHosted, the online projects directory for PHP software
          Freeform framework, the ultimate PHP5 MVC framework
          http://dev6.php5.nedlinux.com/