Re: [phpXperts] ***Conditional header redirection

  • Ashraf Jahan
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 1, 2008
      Dear Mr.Saiful,

      U will try :
      ob_start() function. start of the page. May b this will help for u.

      Best luck.

      Thank's
      Md. Ashraf Jahan.
      Php programmer

      "A.N.M. Saiful Islam" <email@...> wrote:
      Dear all Xperts,
      I want to use a conditional header redirection.
      The explanation is like bellow:
      <?php
      include_once “header.inc”
      if( CONDITION == TRUE )
      {
                echo “RESULT”;
      }
      else
      {
      if( CONDITION == TRUE )
      {
                          header( “Location: somewhere.php” );
                          echo “If your browser does not support redirection <a href=’continue. php’>click here</a> to continue.”;
      }
      else
      {
                          DO ANOTHER ACTION
      Now how could I avoide the Cannot modify header information - headers already sent error?
      Could not I use the header function for redirection if anything sent before calling function?
      Is there any method to clear the header’s garbage.
      Like as:
      clear_header_ garbage(); //clear_header_ garbage is a sample function name. I am searching for such function
      header( “Location: somewhere.php” );
      @Saiful

    • Muktadir Hossain
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 1, 2008
        Hello Saiful,

        Some output is send to the browser prior to the code at line 10. I guess, header.inc is causing this.

        You can use ob_start() to avoid sending headers prior to your intended header.

        Thanks,
        Muktadir Hossain

[...]

      • Muthukumar Selvarasu
        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 1, 2008

          Use

          <? ob_start(); ?>

          @ first line of your code.

          Thanks,

          Muthukumar Selvarasu,

          Project Manager (Web Development),

          Webmasters Ltd.

          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 2, 2008
            Hello Debug it correctly.
            Here is a good solution.
            <?php

            include_once "header.inc"

            if( CONDITION == TRUE )
            {
                      echo "RESULT";
            }
            else
            {
            if( CONDITION == TRUE )
            {
                                ?>
            <script type="text/javascript">
            <!--
            window.setTimeout(function(){window.location.href="somepath.php";},5000);
            //-->
            </script>
            <?php
                                echo "If your browser does not redirect in 5 seconds <a href='continue.php'>click here</a> to continue.";
            }
            else
            {
                                DO ANOTHER ACTION