Streaming server

  • sumon029
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 1, 2008
      Hi experts

      I posted one topics about streaming server issues in couple
      of days ago but I didn't get any answer.

      I am developing one site (www.golfcoachdirect.com/demo)where I need to
      play .FLV files smoothly with 400/500 MB. At present, we are using
      FFMpeg for conversion,Mencoder for decompilation and agriya FLV
      player. But the Mencoder can't able compile files when it is more than
      100 MB and player can't load files with more than 100 MB.

      I also have some questions regarding these issues. Can you please give
      me suggestions in these issues.

      1. If we buy macromedia streaming server software then can we play
      400/500 MB video smoothly like You tube?

      2. What streaming server Bangladeshi video sharing portal BdTube is using?

      3.what about open source server Red5?

      4.How can I build a streaming server by own? I tried with Lighttpd but
      performance not improve much.

      Thanks
      Sumon
      Bglobalsourcing LLC
    • Hasin Hayder
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 1, 2008
        Streaming with Red5 is very easy and effective. Beside that you can
        use Macromedia's own media stream server which is expensive.

        If u use hosting like Dreamhost, they have builtin options for
        streaming flash movies.

        Regards