help need on fsockopen error - socket transport (ssl)

  • the Mad
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 1, 2008
      Fellow Experts,
      again me. last couple of days i work on SSL.. already successfully handle incoming ssl request from my client. but i didn't send any request to remote server through fsockopen or any other function.. i.e. i try to communicate server to server but with a secured layer but it through following error
      Error: 1672 -- Unable to find the socket transport "ssl" - did you forget to enable it when you configured PHP?
      i use IIS i.e. windows solution..

      PHP Version 5.2.5

      System
      Windows NT RAZON-SIL 5.1 build 2600
      Build Date
      Nov 8 2007 23:18:08
      Configure Command
      cscript /nologo configure.js "--enable-snapshot-build" "--with-gd=shared"
      Server API
      ISAPI
      Virtual Directory Support
      enabled
      Configuration File (php.ini) Path
      C:\WINDOWS
      Loaded Configuration File
      C:\WINDOWS\php.ini
      PHP API
      20041225
      PHP Extension
      20060613
      Zend Extension
      220060519
      Debug Build
      no
      Thread Safety
      enabled
      Zend Memory Manager
      enabled
      IPv6 Support
      enabled
      Registered PHP Streams
      php, file, data, http, ftp, compress.zlib, zip, res
      Registered Stream Socket Transports
      tcp, udp
      Registered Stream Filters
      convert.iconv.*, string.rot13, string.toupper, string.tolower, string.strip_tags, convert.*, consumed, zlib.*, http.*

      My php.ini file has the openssl extension installed.

      i'm trying following code
      if( !$this->socket = @fsockopen("ssl://wap.myserver.com", 995, $errno, $errstr, $timeout ))
              {
                  $this->error = "Error: ".$errno." -- ".$errstr;
                  return FALSE;

      any idea what the problem could be?

      thanks & regards

      Shahadat Hossain