Need a single read-all-zips tool in pure PHP

  • dennispopel
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 11, 2004
      I need a tool in PHP(5) that can read all zip, gz, tar.gz, bz2 etc.
      archives like the zip extension can read zip files. Please do not
      suggest extensions or PEAR packages. The only extension to use is
      zlib.

      Thanks.
    • shawon_hs
      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 11, 2004
        as far i know there is no tools which can read zip, rar or other
        extension for php. actually php is software which is used to read
        the php files. not to read the zip or rar or other extentions files.
        for reading the zip, rar or other extentions you have to install the
        software who can read the appropriate programme. as you know you are
        accessing your hosting from the server.

        any more detail need then reply again or mail me.

        --- In phpexperts@yahoogroups.com, "dennispopel" <dennis@i...> wrote:

        > I need a tool in PHP(5) that can read all zip, gz, tar.gz, bz2
        etc.
        > archives like the zip extension can read zip files. Please do not
        > suggest extensions or PEAR packages. The only extension to use is
        > zlib.
        >
        > Thanks.
      • Day Dreamer
        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 11, 2004
          Dennis,
          U can use follwoing Libraries for Reading Compressed Files. But all in
          one is not avaialbe as Far as I know.

          For bz2 : Use BZip2 Compression Library
          For zip (Read Only Access) : Built in Zip Functions
          For gz : Use ZLib
          For Rar : Use PECL Rar 1.0 (http://pecl.php.net/package/rar)
          For Tarballs : see here
          http://www.devshed.com/c/a/PHP/TAR-File-Management-With-PHP-Archive-Tar/6/

          Thanks
          --Hasin Hayder

          --- In phpexperts@yahoogroups.com, "dennispopel" <dennis@i...> wrote:

          > I need a tool in PHP(5) that can read all zip, gz, tar.gz, bz2 etc.
          > archives like the zip extension can read zip files. Please do not
          > suggest extensions or PEAR packages. The only extension to use is
          > zlib.
          >
          > Thanks.
        • nisith panda
          Message 4 of 8 , Nov 11, 2004
            hi all,
             I am new in this group.
            I have a problem.I can not construct a query form two table from two different database.how i will connect two database at a time in php.
            Plz help me.
            Also send me some frequently ask questions and answer in php for my coming interview and a project so taht i can put it my esume.

            Thank you.
            Happy Diwali.
            Nisith

            Day Dreamer <augustwind16@...> wrote:

            Dennis,
            U can use follwoing Libraries for Reading Compressed Files. But all in
            one is not avaialbe as Far as I know.

            For bz2 : Use BZip2 Compression Library
            For zip (Read Only Access) : Built in Zip Functions
            For gz : Use ZLib
            For Rar : Use PECL Rar 1.0  (http://pecl.php.net/package/rar)
            For Tarballs : see here
            http://www.devshed.com/c/a/PHP/TAR-File-Management-With-PHP-Archive-Tar/6/

            Thanks
            --Hasin Hayder

            --- In phpexperts@yahoogroups.com, "dennispopel" <dennis@i...> wrote:

            > I need a tool in PHP(5) that can read all zip, gz, tar.gz, bz2 etc.
            > archives like the zip extension can read zip files. Please do not
            > suggest extensions or PEAR packages. The only extension to use is
            > zlib.
            >
            > Thanks.

            Visit Dynamic URL Shortening System : http://www.magicurl.info

            Nisith Ranjan Panda
            (2001-2004) K.G.E.C.
            Ph:-(033)25481247
            E-mail:-get_panda@...

          • NHM Tanvir Hasan Khan
            Message 5 of 8 , Nov 11, 2004
              hi guy,
              Its not a prob.
              just test it.

              <?php
              $getConn=mysql_connect("localhost","root","") or
              die("Error"); //get database connection
              mysql_select_db("db_hasan_blog"); //select first
              database
              mysql_select_db("test"); //select second database

              $query="select count(*) from db_hasan_blog.hasan_post
              UNION select count(*) tblimage"; //write your query of
              two database linking between both(UNION).

              $pQuery=mysql_query($q) or die(mysql_error());
              //process query

              while($row=mysql_fetch_array($pQuery)) { //loop for
              data
              echo $row[0]; //echo first row
              }
              // thats it
              //i tested in my pc
              //worked with php-4.3.6
              //:-)
              //have a nice day.....
              ?>

              /**
              * Hasan
              * Web: http://we4tech.com
              *
              * @param :-)
              * @return :-(
              *
              * @access public
              */
              --- nisith panda <nisith03@...> wrote:

              > hi all,
              > I am new in this group.
              > I have a problem.I can not construct a query form
              > two table from two different database.how i will
              > connect two database at a time in php.
              > Plz help me.
              > Also send me some frequently ask questions and
              > answer in php for my coming interview and a project
              > so taht i can put it my esume.
              >
              > Thank you.
              > Happy Diwali.
              > Nisith
              >
              > Day Dreamer <augustwind16@...> wrote:
              >

              > Dennis,
              > U can use follwoing Libraries for Reading Compressed
              > Files. But all in
              > one is not avaialbe as Far as I know.
              >
              > For bz2 : Use BZip2 Compression Library
              > For zip (Read Only Access) : Built in Zip Functions
              > For gz : Use ZLib
              > For Rar : Use PECL Rar 1.0
              > (http://pecl.php.net/package/rar)
              > For Tarballs : see here

              http://www.devshed.com/c/a/PHP/TAR-File-Management-With-PHP-Archive-Tar/6/

              > Thanks
              > --Hasin Hayder
              >
              > --- In phpexperts@yahoogroups.com, "dennispopel"
              > <dennis@i...> wrote:
              > >

              > > I need a tool in PHP(5) that can read all zip, gz,
              > tar.gz, bz2 etc.
              > > archives like the zip extension can read zip
              > files. Please do not
              > > suggest extensions or PEAR packages. The only
              > extension to use is
              > > zlib.
              > >
              > > Thanks.
              >

              > Visit Dynamic URL Shortening System :
              > http://www.magicurl.info
              >

              > Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

              > Yahoo! Terms of Service.
              >

              > Nisith Ranjan Panda
              > (2001-2004) K.G.E.C.
              >
              > Ph:-(033)25481247
              > E-mail:-get_panda@...
              >

              > Yahoo! India Matrimony: Find your life
              partneronline.

              Check out the new Yahoo! Front Page.
              www.yahoo.com
            • Manuel Lemos
              Message 6 of 8 , Nov 11, 2004
                Hello,

                On 11/11/2004 09:35 AM, dennispopel wrote:
                > I need a tool in PHP(5) that can read all zip, gz, tar.gz, bz2 etc.
                > archives like the zip extension can read zip files. Please do not
                > suggest extensions or PEAR packages. The only extension to use is
                > zlib.

                Here you may find several classes ready to use for exactly that purpose:

                http://www.phpclasses.org/browse/class/42.html

                Manuel Lemos

                http://www.phpclasses.org/

                http://www.phpclasses.org/reviews/

              • Baishampayan Ghose
                Message 7 of 8 , Nov 11, 2004
                  Hello Nishith,
                  > I am new in this group.
                  > I have a problem.I can not construct a query form two table from two
                  > different database.how i will connect two database at a time in php.
                  Just do something like this ---

                  -----CODE-----
                  $conn1 = mysql_connect($host1, $username1, $passwd1);
                  $conn2 = mysql_connect($host2, $username2, $passwd2);
                  mysql_select_db($db1, $conn1);
                  mysql_select_db($db2, $conn2);
                  $sql1 = "SELECT * FROM bla bla";
                  $sql2 = "UPDATE bla bla";