MySQL 5.0.3 Installation Problem: 2003 - Can't connect to MySQL

  • Sanjoy Roy
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 9, 2005

      Hi Guys,

      Did anyone get worked thr� MySQL 5.0.3 version? I couldn�t after several tries. The phpmyadmin or navicat or mysql command prompt displays the following error message:

      2003 - Can't connect to MySQL

      Also the mysql service stops if I run any command on command prompt.

      If anyone got any kind of solution please help.

      Thanks in advance.

      Sanjoy Kumar Roy
      B.Sc(Ele),MCM,MCP,SCJP
      Senior Programmer
      IBCS-PRIMAX Software (BD) Ltd.
      House # 44, Road # 13A, Dhanmondi R/A., Dhaka-1209
      Telephone: 880-2- 8125407, 8110699 Fax: 880-2-8125407
      E-mail: sanjoyroy@..., sanjoy.kr@...,
      sanjoy_roy@...
      Mobile: 088-02-011007212

      Yahoo! Mail Mobile
    • Shadow Warrior
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 9, 2005
        I worked with MySQL5.0.0 but didnt ever face this error. Right now I
        am downloading 5.0.3. I am sure this is a native error in your
        machine. Did u remove your previous installation of ur mySql?

        Hasin

        --- In phpexperts@yahoogroups.com, Sanjoy Roy <sanjoy_krsna@y...> wrote:

        > Hi Guys,
        >

        > Did anyone get worked thr' MySQL 5.0.3 version? I couldn't after
        several tries. The phpmyadmin or navicat or mysql command prompt
        displays the following error message:

        > 2003 - Can't connect to MySQL
        >

        > Also the mysql service stops if I run any command on command prompt.
        >

        > If anyone got any kind of solution please help.
        >

        > Thanks in advance.
        >

        > Sanjoy Kumar Roy
        > B.Sc(Ele),MCM,MCP,SCJP
        > Senior Programmer
        > IBCS-PRIMAX Software (BD) Ltd.
        > House # 44, Road # 13A, Dhanmondi R/A., Dhaka-1209
        > Telephone: 880-2- 8125407, 8110699 Fax: 880-2-8125407
        > E-mail: sanjoyroy@i..., sanjoy.kr@g...,sanjoy_roy@p...
        > Mobile: 088-02-011007212
        >

        > ---------------------------------
        > Yahoo! Mail Mobile
      • Shah Arif Iqbal
        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 10, 2005

          Try changing the MySQL service name during Server Instance Configuration. Set the name something other than MySQL.

          Thanks

          Shah Arif Iqbal

          Did anyone get worked thr MySQL 5.0.3 version? I couldnt after several tries. The phpmyadmin or navicat or mysql command prompt displays the following error message:

          2003 - Can't connect to MySQL

          Also the mysql service stops if I run any command on command prompt.

          If anyone got any kind of solution please help.

          Thanks in advance.

          Sanjoy Kumar Roy
          B.Sc(Ele),MCM,MCP,SCJP

          Senior Programmer
          IBCS-PRIMAX Software (BD) Ltd.
          House # 44, Road # 13A, Dhanmondi R/A., Dhaka-1209
          Telephone: 880-2- 8125407, 8110699 Fax: 880-2-8125407
          E-mail: sanjoyroy@..., sanjoy.kr@...,
          sanjoy_roy@...
          Mobile: 088-02-011007212

          Yahoo! Mail Mobile

          Visit Dynamic URL Shortening System : http://www.magicurl.info

        • Sanjoy Roy
          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 10, 2005
            Dear Hasin Bhai,

            Thanks for your reply.I did remove the previous installation but still
            I get the same problem. I don't know where I went wrong. If the
            MySQL5.0.0 version works then I should go for it instead of MySQL5.0.2
            or MySQL5.0.3. May be this version is beta and under testing.

            Thanks,

            Sanjoy
            --- In phpexperts@yahoogroups.com, "Shadow Warrior"
            <augustwind16@y...> wrote:

            > Hi,
            > I worked with MySQL5.0.0 but didnt ever face this error. Right now I
            > am downloading 5.0.3. I am sure this is a native error in your
            > machine. Did u remove your previous installation of ur mySql?
            >
            > Hasin
            >
            > --- In phpexperts@yahoogroups.com, Sanjoy Roy <sanjoy_krsna@y...> wrote:
            > >
            > > Hi Guys,
            > >

            > > Did anyone get worked thr' MySQL 5.0.3 version? I couldn't after
            > several tries. The phpmyadmin or navicat or mysql command prompt
            > displays the following error message:
            > >

            > > 2003 - Can't connect to MySQL
            > >

            > > Also the mysql service stops if I run any command on command prompt.
            > >

            > > If anyone got any kind of solution please help.
            > >

            > > Thanks in advance.
            > >

            > > Sanjoy Kumar Roy
            > > B.Sc(Ele),MCM,MCP,SCJP
            > > Senior Programmer
            > > IBCS-PRIMAX Software (BD) Ltd.
            > > House # 44, Road # 13A, Dhanmondi R/A., Dhaka-1209
            > > Telephone: 880-2- 8125407, 8110699 Fax: 880-2-8125407
            > > E-mail: sanjoyroy@i..., sanjoy.kr@g...,sanjoy_roy@p...
            > > Mobile: 088-02-011007212
            > >

            > > ---------------------------------
            > > Yahoo! Mail Mobile
            > > Take Yahoo! Mail with you! Check email on your mobile phone.
          • Sanjoy Roy
            Message 5 of 7 , Apr 10, 2005
              Dear Arif Bhai,

              Thanks for your idea, I did try that before (changing the service name
              MySQL4 and the port no.) but could not get rid of the error. Thank you
              for your help.

              Sanjoy

              <http://us.rd.yahoo.com/mail_us/taglines/mobile/*http:/mobile.yahoo.com/lear
              > n/mail> Yahoo! Mail with you! Check email on your mobile phone.
              >
              > Visit Dynamic URL Shortening System : http://www.magicurl.info
              >

              > _____
              >
              > Yahoo! Groups Links

            • Sanjoy Roy
              Message 6 of 7 , Apr 10, 2005
                Dear Hasin Bhai,
                I got MySQL 5.0.3 working!!!. I had to remove the mysql service from
                the registry key and after restarting I had again re-installed MySQL,
                now it is working nicely. :)
                Do you have any sample documents for mysql stored procedures and
                triggers?
                Thanks,

                Sanjoy Roy
                --- In phpexperts@yahoogroups.com, "Sanjoy Roy" <sanjoy.kr@g...> wrote:

                > Dear Hasin Bhai,
                >
                > Thanks for your reply.I did remove the previous installation but still
                > I get the same problem. I don't know where I went wrong. If the
                > MySQL5.0.0 version works then I should go for it instead of MySQL5.0.2
                > or MySQL5.0.3. May be this version is beta and under testing.
                >
                > Thanks,
                >
                > Sanjoy
                > --- In phpexperts@yahoogroups.com, "Shadow Warrior"
                > <augustwind16@y...> wrote:
                > >

                > > Hi,
                > > I worked with MySQL5.0.0 but didnt ever face this error. Right now I
                > > am downloading 5.0.3. I am sure this is a native error in your
                > > machine. Did u remove your previous installation of ur mySql?
                > >
                > > Hasin
                > >
                > > --- In phpexperts@yahoogroups.com, Sanjoy Roy <sanjoy_krsna@y...>
                wrote:

                > > > Hi Guys,
                > > >

                > > > Did anyone get worked thr' MySQL 5.0.3 version? I couldn't after
                > > several tries. The phpmyadmin or navicat or mysql command prompt
                > > displays the following error message:
                > > >

                > > > 2003 - Can't connect to MySQL
                > > >

                > > > Also the mysql service stops if I run any command on command prompt.
                > > >

                > > > If anyone got any kind of solution please help.
                > > >

                > > > Thanks in advance.
                > > >

                > > > Sanjoy Kumar Roy
                > > > B.Sc(Ele),MCM,MCP,SCJP
                > > > Senior Programmer
                > > > IBCS-PRIMAX Software (BD) Ltd.
                > > > House # 44, Road # 13A, Dhanmondi R/A., Dhaka-1209
                > > > Telephone: 880-2- 8125407, 8110699 Fax: 880-2-8125407
                > > > E-mail: sanjoyroy@i..., sanjoy.kr@g...,sanjoy_roy@p...
                > > > Mobile: 088-02-011007212

                > > > Yahoo! Mail Mobile
                > > > Take Yahoo! Mail with you! Check email on your mobile phone.
              • salina khan mary
                Message 7 of 7 , Apr 11, 2005
                  Hi,  I am not your Hasin Bhai. I am mary. Now I am live in Brizil. So Sorry for your e mail. Ok by by

                  http://mail.yahoo.com