popup window on mouse over

  • Mamunur Rashid
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 31, 2007
      Dear Exparts,

      I want to a popup window in a link on mouse over .

      I also want the data of the window from a table.

      I tried with java script but not get good result .

      pls help me.

      Yahoo! Answers - Check it out.
    • Felix T. Gomez, Jr.
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 31, 2007

        I am not sure if i get it right what you mean about
        "data of the window from a table" but nonetheless,
        this is the algorithm you may opt to choose:

        in the first page where you have your "link", put the
        onmouseover event like this onmouseover=popupwindow().
        In the popupwindow function put a paramater of the
        "id" of the data you want to get, like this
        onmouseover=popupwindow(<php echo $id ?>).

        Make a javascript script for the popupwindow function
        and inside it is your popup routine. The popup page
        will get the id and search into the database, thus
        displaying your information to the popup page.

        --- Mamunur Rashid <m_rashid83@...> wrote:

        > Dear Exparts,
        >
        > I want to a popup window in a link on mouse over .
        >
        > I also want the data of the window from a table.
        >
        > I tried with java script but not get good result .
        >
        > pls help me.
        >

        > ---------------------------------
        > Be a better Globetrotter. Get better travel answers
        > from someone who knows.
        > Yahoo! Answers - Check it out.

      • saif islam
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 31, 2007
          hi
          u may use third party library "overlib.js" to popup a window.

          Saif.

          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 1, 2007
            You may try with AJAX ...

            saif islam <ulta_palta420@...> wrote:
            hi
            u may use third party library "overlib.js" to popup a window.

            Saif.

            I want to a popup window in a link on mouse over .

            I also want the data of the window from a table.

            I tried with java script but not get good result .

            pls help me.

            Yahoo! Answers - Check it out.

            junal
            My blog : http://junal.wordpress.com/