Re: [phpXperts] Need to Change Php.ini file...

  • Ashiqul Islam
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 4, 2007
      Hello Mynul Islam ,

      You can use .htaccess

      Try  this on .htaccess file
      php_flag register_globals on

      Or ini_set("register_globals",true); on your php code

      Hope this will work

      Mynul Islam <mynul9280@...> wrote:
      Hello Experts!

             I need to modify the php.ini file and put it into my web root directory to run my application properly. So i need to know the followings -

      1.  will there be any problem(conflict) with the main ini file?
      2. Is it safe to use/ modify the .ini file?
      3. Basically i need to change the  REGISTER_GOLBALS= off (In my server it is ON and when i asked my hosting company they asked me to use a local php.ini in my root directory!)
      4. How to do that?
      5. is there any other way to do it? (I heard with httaccess we can do it!!)
      6. if any other suggestions. ......

      please help!!!!!!!! !!!

    • Mynul Islam
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 4, 2007
        I never edited a htaccess file before and here is the htaccess file i got in my root directory -

        # -FrontPage-

        IndexIgnore .htaccess */.??* *~ *# */HEADER* */README* */_vti*

        <Limit GET POST>
        order deny,allow
        deny from all
        allow from all
        </Limit>
        <Limit PUT DELETE>
        order deny,allow
        deny from all
        </Limit>
        AuthName www.habib
        AuthUserFile /home/habibbd/public_html/_vti_pvt/service.pwd
        AuthGroupFile /home/habibbd/public_html/_vti_pvt/service.grp

        now, where to put your 'code'? please show me.....!!!!!

        On 7/4/07, Ashiqul Islam <swadkuet@...> wrote:

[...]

        With Thanks
        "MYNUL"
      • Chris Williams
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 4, 2007
          Re: [phpXperts] Need to Change Php.ini file... This is no big deal.  Just create a file called "php.ini", put in the one line (note that you have register_globals misspelled below), and put it in the root.  Your host probably has an include in the main php.ini file that includes any local php.ini file(s).  There is a chance of "conflict", but that's the point... Your changes will override the main one.

          This is safe, and not uncommon.  I don't know how you could possibly effect "register_globals" in a .htaccess file.

          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 4, 2007
            Hello Mynul Islam ,

            Add this flag at the last..