Re: [phpXperts] symbol

  • Prasun Paul
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 5, 2007
      Sorry Arafat through my mail i did not want to try to correct h/er idea. I just told actual meaning. If it will correct anyones idea then s/he can think this corrected his idea.

      Nothing is simle. Nothing is complex in this world. This is relative. I think to be a good programmer every one should logically/algorithmically/technically strong.

      I think as a programer everyone should know the difference between

      i)     Unary, binary and ternary operators.
      ii)    Expression, statement
      iii)   Function, procedure, block
      iv)   Iterative approch, recursive approch

      The above words are avery simple to sound but acts as very crucial matters during application development

      Thanks
      Prasun Paul

      Arafat Rahman <opurahman@...> wrote:
      Thanx Prasun
      for your correction.
      Though its a simple thing but important. Anyone can mistake.

      --
      Arafat Rahman
      Web Developer

      On 2/5/07, Prasun Paul <prashun007@yahoo. com> wrote:
      Hello...

      <operand1> ? <operand2> : <operand3> is a ternary operator. You will find this operator in C-style language. <operand2> will be evaluated iff operand1 is true otherwise <operand3> will be evaluated.
      ***Note <operand1> , <operand2> and <operand3> each are expressions not statements and each expression may contain another ternary operator.

      For example:

      $aNumber = time();
      echo $aNumber%2 == 0 ? "even" : "odd";

      /**
       * but $n%2 == 0 ?echo " even"; : echo "odd"; will not work either
       * because echo " even"; is a statement
      */
      Thanks
      Prasun Paul