Re: [phpXperts] to catch session destroy

  • Raisul Kabir
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 26, 2007
      Hi
      In ASP, there was something like on session end, on application end, in a .as file, I forgot the exact thing. But I didn't find something like that in PHP ever.

      But, for your solution, an idea can be, you can store only last active time. I assume, you are showing other users who is online or how many people are online. In this solution, you will search database like, who was last active 5 minutes ago. So, you are never wrong more than 5 minutes. I used this solution for another project some months ago falling into same like you. I didn't find anything on web to let know that session is gone.

      Thanks.
      Raisul

      On 1/26/07, Shariman <jeiman05@...> wrote:

      How to catch the session destroy time when the members close the
      browser without logout? When member login, I save the member id and
      datetime into the database. Same concept when member logout... so I
      know how long he/she entering my site. The problem is if they just
      close the browser without logout using logout link then I cannot catch
      the logout time. Is there any idea how to overcome this problem?

      Thanks....