Re: Preventing the download dialog box from appearing(2nd post)

  • lamy_ici
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 2, 2007
      imho, i dont see the need of batch saving attachment for any email
      client, since all of them does save each attachment separately (havent
      seen any mail client that does batch saving, even winform/gui based
      mail clients), and besides if you want to have a single file you can
      always zip the files before attaching it

      but if you still insist on doing so you should zip/gz all the files on
      server side, and have an alternate download link to download it all in
      a single file (see http://php.net/zlib)

      and for opening the mail (assuming its webbased) the attachments are
      not automatically saved (even in users temporary folder), only
      winform/gui based (not web based) does that coz they download the
      entire message, in short, you need to click on it to download the
      attachment, well, you can force the user to download the attachment
      automatically but that is a malicious code

      hope that enlightens

      cheers!

      --- In phpexperts@yahoogroups.com, "kalikaye2004" <kalikaye2004@...>