Re: Help Needed on Query Optimization

  • Sajan
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 21, 2006
      Hai sudhir,

      One of the most widely used technique to solve this problem; by
      indexing the search field. I mean database indexing.

      The major problem is that. for indexing. it will take lot of time.

      Note:
      indexes are designed for faster searches. indexing unwanted fields may
      degrade the performance of the system.

      ok.

      --- In phpexperts@yahoogroups.com, sudhir saini <sudhir_xprt@...> wrote:

      > Hello,
      > I had a search query and i ahd a table in which i had
      3,73,00,000 records.
      > I have to implement to search on that.i am using PHP5 and mysql
      4,when i m runnig this query server will go down(can't find server).