Re: OT: IFRAME problem

  • lamy_ici
    Message 1 of 2 , May 8 11:13 PM
      first off, you do realize that youre posting on a php group, do you?

      anyway, since your question is non-asp.net related ill give it a
      shot. if you are accessing (navigating) your pages with a hyperlink
      then you should add a "target" attribute

      eg.: <A HREF="somewhere.htm" target="target_name">

      in your case its "i-frameName"

      as for AJAX, you wouldnt need it to do this unless you want to
      process something without leaving the page (btw, if you are
      using .Net 2.0 theres a method called CallBack, it uses the same
      technology as AJAX)

      hope that helps

      --- In phpexperts@yahoogroups.com, "Sajith G H" <sajithgh@...> wrote:

      > Dear Friends,
      >
      > I have a page called index.aspx and I am using an i-frame to call
      an external page called news.aspx. I am using include file for
      header, footer, left side , right side. Centre section of the page
      is defined by i-frame....

      > The issue is whenever I access another page, full page gets
      reloaded... I want only i-frame to get reloaded with out all page
      getting reloaded...How can I achieve this.. I know there is a
      technology called AJAX....

      > My i-frame changes in all pages....
      >
      > <i-frame name="i-frameName" id="i-frameName" frameborder=0
      src=news.aspx allowtransparency="true" width="100%" scrolling=auto
      valign=top height="308"></i-frame>