OT: IFRAME problem

  • Sajith G H
    Message 1 of 2 , May 8, 2006

      Dear Friends,

      I have a page called index.aspx and I am using an i-frame to call an external page called news.aspx. I am using include file for header, footer, left side , right side. Centre section of the page is defined by i-frame....

      The issue is whenever I access another page, full page gets reloaded... I want only i-frame to get reloaded with out all page getting reloaded...How can I achieve this.. I know there is a technology called AJAX....

      My i-frame changes in all pages....

      <i-frame name="i-frameName" id="i-frameName" frameborder=0 src=news.aspx allowtransparency="true" width="100%" scrolling=auto  valign=top height="308"></i-frame>

    • lamy_ici
      Message 2 of 2 , May 8, 2006
        first off, you do realize that youre posting on a php group, do you?

        anyway, since your question is non-asp.net related ill give it a
        shot. if you are accessing (navigating) your pages with a hyperlink
        then you should add a "target" attribute

        eg.: <A HREF="somewhere.htm" target="target_name">

        in your case its "i-frameName"

        as for AJAX, you wouldnt need it to do this unless you want to
        process something without leaving the page (btw, if you are
        using .Net 2.0 theres a method called CallBack, it uses the same
        technology as AJAX)

        hope that helps