Re: [phpXperts] localtime

  • Raina Rahman
    Message 1 of 13 , May 2, 2006
      hi,

      thanks for your code. let me try the code and then send you my feedback.

      anyways thanks again. You helped me a lot.

      raina

      On 4/25/06, Asif Ali <itsme_me1@...> wrote:
      Hi..
          Here is the code of the given link

      <?
      echo
      "Original Time: ". date("h:i:s"). "\n";
      putenv (
      'TZ=Asia/Dacca');
      echo
      "<br>Bangladesh Time: ". date("h:i:s"). "\n";
      putenv (
      'TZ=Asia/Calcutta');
      echo
      "<br>Indian Time: ". date("h:i:s"). "\n";
      ?>

        Thank you

      Regards
      Mohd Asif Ali

      Raina Rahman <rainarahman@...> wrote:
      hi thanks for ur reply and also thanks for the example u gave me. Well I tried the code in my hosting server and i sent to u the result inmy last mail. Well can you do me a favour. Could you please send me the example code you showed in the url? That will better for me. And also let me try this code another server and lets see what happen. by this time waiting for the code if possible.

      thanks again.

      raina

      On 4/24/06, Asif Ali <itsme_me1@...> wrote:
      Hi..
            Better try with other countries time and see whethere that is correct or not. check for  2 ,3 other countries  and see correct or not. If it is not correct there may be problem with your server. Dont run the code in your local machine it will shows wrong better try to run on your hosting server.

          Check this link http://linux.stafi.net/~admin/bdtime.php  here it shows the correct time for india  and bangladesh too.
           Thank you

      Regards
      Mohd Asif Ali
      www.PhpTuB.com

      Raina Rahman < rainarahman@...> wrote:
      HI thanks for your help. and thanks for the correctiontion. now when I run my code that is showing the time given bellow :

      Original Time: 03:26:32 Bangladesh Time: 08:26:32 but in my pc the time is now 2:10 pm.. so please explain what time it is showing.

      thanks again in advance

      raina

      On 4/20/06, Asif Ali <itsme_me1@...> wrote:
      Hi...
        There is a error in your code . Set the value for TZ not BD.
      Try this code and let me know abt it.

      <?
      echo "Original Time: ". date("h:i:s")."\n";
      putenv ('TZ=Asia/Dacca');
      echo "Bangladesh Time: ". date("h:i:s")."\n";
      ?>

      Thank you

      Regards
      Mohd Asif ali

      Raina Rahman <rainarahman@...> wrote:
      hi thanks for ur reply. And I run the script in my web server. bellow is my script

      <?
      echo "Original Time: ". date("h:i:s")."\n";
      putenv ('BD=Asia/Dacca');
      echo "Bangladesh Time: ". date("h:i:s")."\n";
      ?>
      and the result is : Original Time: 01:58:44 Bangladesh Time: 01:58:44
      But now could u please explain me what is original time and what is bangladesh time?

      My serveris in USA. but I want to find out the local means bd time. PLease help.

      waiting for your reply.

      On 4/19/06, Asif Ali < itsme_me1@...> wrote:
      Hi....

      echo "Original Time: ". date("h:i:s")."\n";
      putenv (
      'TZ=Asia/Calcutta');
      echo "Indian Time: ". date("h:i:s")."\n";

       Check with this code but u have to change the TZ value to ur location... i dont have the list of time zones but i will let you know if i found the timezones list.

         Thank You

      Mohd Asif Ali

      Raina Rahman <rainarahman@...> wrote:
      Dear all,

      I have to develop a script for that I need to get local time. My hosting server is in USA. Now I want to get my local time how is it possible. I was seraching for script but I failed. If you guys can help me.

      waiting for your reply

      raina

      Visit phpXperts website at www.phpxperts.com

      YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

      How low will we go? Check out Yahoo! Messenger's low PC-to-Phone call rates.

      Visit phpXperts website at www.phpxperts.com

      YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

      Blab-away for as little as 1�/min. Make PC-to-Phone Calls using Yahoo! Messenger with Voice.

      Visit phpXperts website at www.phpxperts.com

      Programming languages Php coder Knowledge base
      Computer security C programming language Computer programming languages

      YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

      Visit phpXperts website at www.phpxperts.com

      Celebrate Earth Day everyday! Discover 10 things you can do to help slow climate change. Yahoo! Earth Day

      Visit phpXperts website at www.phpxperts.com