Re: [phpXperts] [Off topic] Re: Passing variable to frame page

  • morshed alam
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 5, 2005
      Dear lamy_ici

      Thank you vary much for your solution. I have solved my problem by your suggestion. Its working nice.

      Morshed

      lamy_ici <lamy_ici@...> wrote:
      hmnn... strange to see an ASP script in a PHP group, but in general
      your question applies to either

      variable through a hyperlink/link refers to QueryString, to retrieve
      its value you can use the following code

      in PHP
      <?
      $variable = $_GET["variable"]
      ?>
          or
      <?
      $variable = $_REQUEST["variable"]
      ?>

      in ASP
      <%
      variable = Request.QueryString("variable")
      %>

      since you are using a FRAME tag you would have to write each SRC for
      the frames you created, appending the variable name and the value to
      the URL (see http://www.w3schools.com/tags/tag_frame.asp for FRAME tag
      properties)

      heres an example
      http://www.yourdomain.com/index.php?variable=variable

      in PHP
      <A HREF="index.php?variable<?=$variable;?>">Click here</A>
          or
      <A HREF="index.php?variable<? echo $variable; ?>">Click here</A>

      in ASP
      <A HREF="index.php?variable<%=variable%>">Click here</A>
          or
      <A HREF="index.php?variable<% Response.Write(variable) %>">Click here</A>

      you would have to URL encode it specially if youre using some special
      characters for the values to be read properly (for some browsers)

      in PHP
      <?
      $variable = urlencode($_GET["variable"]);
      ?>

      in ASP
      <%
      variable = Server.URLEncode(Request.QueryString("variable"))
      %>

      and be careful not to use HTML entities as variable name for it will
      be read as an actual entity instead of your desired name

      passing it to other pages should be done from the main frame, where
      your FRAME tag is, then retrieve it in those pages you specified as
      the URL for SRC of your FRAME

      --- In phpexperts@yahoogroups.com, morshed alam <morshed48bd@y...> wrote:

      > Hi
      >
      >   Is it possible to send a variable through a hyperlink, to a frames
      page, and have all 3 pages in the frame pick up the variable using the
      $_request[var] ?

      Visit phpXperts website at www.phpxperts.com

      Yahoo! Personals