[Off topic] Re: Redirects from index.php to home.php

  • lamy_ici
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 5, 2005
      IMHO, home and index if you look at it is pretty much the same but it
      isnt, index is the first page of a site, in short it is the default
      page displayed when the site is browsed without specifying a page,
      while home page is the main page where they usually welcome the user
      or state what the site is for or the likes

      other reasons i could think of
      1 - preference
      2 - trigger something on the first page like hit counter
      3 - index as splash page

      --- In phpexperts@yahoogroups.com, "Robert C. Blasdell,Ph.D."