Re: [phpXperts] link to another site address is appended to my site url

  • M. Ashraful Anam
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 1, 2005
      Just add "http://" before the links (for those that do not have already).

      simple pseudo code
      echo "http://".$yourlink;

      ----- Original Message -----
      Sent: Friday, December 02, 2005 9:50 AM
      Subject: [phpXperts] link to another site address is appended to my site url

      Dear all,

      Hi!

      I have a bit of a link problem here. My links are embedded in articles/documents, on a database. These links are full links to a different site (e.g. www.xyz.com/index.php?id=123).  However, when these documents are shown at the page, the links are prepended by my site’s URL (i.e., http://www.abc.com/www.xyz.com/index.php?id=123).

      Can somebody show me what to do so that my site’s URL is not prepended to these links?

      Thank you.

      Flor Bambao

      Webmaster

      Ibon Foundation, Inc.