Re: [phpXperts] How to prevent downloading a video file stored in a webfolder

  • M. Ashraful Anam
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 1, 2005

      The easies way to do this is using a flash video player to run the video and not giving access to the videos directly to the user.

      Try this

      This also includes a PHP video list generator for the flash player

          -Russell.

      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 5, 2005
        thats one way, but for those who are determined to download/capture it
        flash video isnt the way, flash videos can be captured easily with
        some 3rd party softwares, and you can easily decompile flash movies
        (SWF) since its SDK is available for free (its quite easy to look for the filename of your videos in its script)

        this might help
        http://all-streaming-media.com/streaming-media-faq/faq-protect-streaming-video.htm

        --- In phpexperts@yahoogroups.com, "M. Ashraful Anam" <anam@b...> wrote:

        > The easies way to do this is using a flash video player to run the
        video and not giving access to the videos directly to the user.

        > Try this
        > http://www.jeroenwijering.com/?item==Flash+Video+Player
        >
        > This also includes a PHP video list generator for the flash player
        >
        > -Russell.

        Service.