How to prevent downloading a video file stored in a webfolder

  • Abi Alias
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 1, 2005
      Hi everyone,
      I have stored some video files in a folder named 'video' in my server.
      User can view this videos, but not download the videos.How can i
      implement this?
      Please help me
    • Flor Bambao
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 1, 2005

        Dear all,

        Hi!

        I have a bit of a link problem here. My links are embedded in articles/documents, on a database. These links are full links to a different site (e.g. www.xyz.com/index.php?id=123).  However, when these documents are shown at the page, the links are prepended by my site’s URL (i.e., http://www.abc.com/www.xyz.com/index.php?id=123).

        Can somebody show me what to do so that my site’s URL is not prepended to these links?

        Thank you.

        Flor Bambao

        Webmaster

        Ibon Foundation, Inc.

        P.O. Box SM-447

        Manila, Philippines 1008

        (+632)7130910

        (+632)7141831

        webmaster@...

        http://www.ibon.org

      • Shimul
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 1, 2005
          at your artice/document u r preserving these links without starting http:// xxxx.com .
          so when u want to set its exact link u have to write at this format <a href="http://www.yahoo.com"> not <a href="www.yahoo.com"> . ok? so better when u r showing link to u'r page parse this document into that format using regular expression . u'r problem will be solved.

          shimul

          Flor Bambao <ibonwebmaster@...> wrote:
          Dear all,

          Hi!

          I have a bit of a link problem here. My links are embedded in articles/documents, on a database. These links are full links to a different site (e.g. www.xyz.com/index.php?id=123).  However, when these documents are shown at the page, the links are prepended by my site’s URL (i.e., http://www.abc.com/www.xyz.com/index.php?id=123).

          Can somebody show me what to do so that my site’s URL is not prepended to these links?

          Thank you.

          Flor Bambao
          Webmaster
          Ibon Foundation, Inc.
          P.O. Box SM-447
          Manila, Philippines 1008
          (+632)7130910
          (+632)7141831

          Yahoo! Personals

          Yahoo! Personals

        • Flor Bambao
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 1, 2005

            Thank you Ashraful and Shimul for your valuable help!

            Flor