some talk regarding upcoming coding contests

  • Hasin Hayder
    Message 1 of 10 , Nov 28, 2005
      well, from the unexpected experience of previous month's coding
      contest I think we should not run a critical coding contest for
      upcoming months [ for some couple of months]. But as we already
      managed some international sponsors so why let them face a bitter
      truth "none participated" in these coding contests? Rather I would
      suggest changing the style of coding contest. We may not fix a
      particular problem for these contests.

      I would like to suggest a new style. Let everyone participate in
      upcoming contest with their amazing projects. Let everyone
      participate. Here are the rules

      1. anyone can participate with their projects
      2. we will choose four best projects every month and give them the
      prizes according to their choice.

      Just one constraint… and that is "no copyrighted material" – your
      submission should be yours, totally written by yourself.

      That's all… happy coding. Just submit your code, your project or even
      small and useful snippets written by you. We want participation. Happy
      coding…

      --Hasin
    • Bhara( *_* )
      Message 2 of 10 , Nov 28, 2005
        Hello,
        iam not agree with this style.
        because i(most of us) write  programs for some one of my client or for my company.

        The companies should not allow us to send that code outside for any reason,
        it is a criminal affence in INDIA. I dont think it is allowed in any other  companies outside india..

        what my suggestion is,  we go with the same old style and keep simple modules initiallly to quite complex projects in the near future.

        we give this kind of awards not exactly for the execution but the way , they approching for coding. of course , one who may not execute the project well even if the way of style is good ( like using latest technologies and how easy it is to navigate( user friendly).

        Please Think once again and let us know.

        Hasin Hayder <augustwind16@...> wrote:
[...]

        ---
        Regards,
        Bhara
        http://bhara.phpxperts.com

        The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.
        - Eleanor Roosevelt

      • Hasin Hayder
        Message 3 of 10 , Nov 28, 2005
          Some misunderstanding happens. I didnt mean that you submit your
          official projects or commercial projects. Why not develop something
          new solely for this contest? it may be a whoel project, a simple class
          module or even it may be a very useful function. It could be anything.

          How about it?

          --- In phpexperts@yahoogroups.com, "Bhara\( *_* \)" <mail2mrb@y...> wrote:

          > Hello,
          > iam not agree with this style.
          > because i(most of us) write programs for some one of my client or
          for my company.

          > The companies should not allow us to send that code outside for
          any reason,
          > it is a criminal affence in INDIA. I dont think it is allowed in
          any other companies outside india..

          > what my suggestion is, we go with the same old style and keep
          simple modules initiallly to quite complex projects in the near future.

          > we give this kind of awards not exactly for the execution but the
          way , they approching for coding. of course , one who may not execute
          the project well even if the way of style is good ( like using latest
          technologies and how easy it is to navigate( user friendly).

          > Please Think once again and let us know.
          >

          > Hasin Hayder <augustwind16@y...> wrote: well, from the
          unexpected experience of previous month's coding
          > contest I think we should not run a critical coding contest for
          > upcoming months [ for some couple of months]. But as we already
          > managed some international sponsors so why let them face a bitter
          > truth "none participated" in these coding contests? Rather I would
          > suggest changing the style of coding contest. We may not fix a
          > particular problem for these contests.
          >
          > I would like to suggest a new style. Let everyone participate in
          > upcoming contest with their amazing projects. Let everyone
          > participate. Here are the rules
          >
          > 1. anyone can participate with their projects
          > 2. we will choose four best projects every month and give
          them the
          > prizes according to their choice.
          >
          > Just one constraint… and that is "no copyrighted material" – your
          > submission should be yours, totally written by yourself.
          >
          > That's all… happy coding. Just submit your code, your project or even
          > small and useful snippets written by you. We want participation. Happy
          > coding…
          >

          > --Hasin
          >

          > Visit phpXperts website at www.phpxperts.com

          > Programming
          languages Php coder
          Knowledge base
          Computer security
          C programming language
          Computer programming languages

          Service.

          > ---------------------------------
          >

          > ---
          > Regards,
          > Bhara
          > http://bhara.phpxperts.com
          >
          > The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.
          > - Eleanor Roosevelt
          >
          > ---------------------------------

        • Bhara( *_* )
          Message 4 of 10 , Nov 28, 2005
            Ohh so we need to develop with our own specs.
            Do you think it would gives you result?
            I dont think so.

            lets go for this month also with the old style. if there is no result, the we can change our stratagy.

            I am expecting more inputs from all of our Xperts.

> [...]

            >   small and useful snippets written by you. We want participation. Happy
            >   coding…
            >

            >   --Hasin
            >

            >     Visit phpXperts website at www.phpxperts.com

            >                                                         Programming
            languages                                          Php coder
                                            Knowledge base
                                                              Computer security
                                                   C programming language
                                             Computer programming languages

            Service.

            > ---------------------------------
            >

            > ---
            > Regards,
            > Bhara
            > http://bhara.phpxperts.com
            >
            > The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.
            > - Eleanor Roosevelt
            >
            > ---------------------------------
            >  Yahoo! Music Unlimited - Access over 1 million songs. Try it free.

            ---
            Regards,
            Bhara
            http://bhara.phpxperts.com

            The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.
            - Eleanor Roosevelt

          • Arafat Rahman
            Message 5 of 10 , Nov 29, 2005
              Thanks
              Mr. "Bhara( *_* )" <mail2mrb@...>
              and Hasin Hayder <augustwind16@...>

              I think we should go ahead with the old style that have been proposed by Hasin Hayder last month, but of course the contest should be small. I mean not very complex.

              Regards

              Arafat Rahman
              B.Ed. (Hons), M.Ed.
              Sun Certified Programmer for Java 2 platform

              Trainee Programmer

            • Zakir Hossain
              Message 6 of 10 , Nov 29, 2005
                Hi members, Good Afternoon.
                Good debate among Hasin bro. & Bhara bro.

                Actually, as OPEN SOURCE, we don't need to start designing many script
                from the scratch. We can get them from many websites. But, to flourish
                our creative & innovation power, we (Open Source Programmers) alwasy
                try to invent something. Right?
                Again many mid & pro & sometime novice programmers manage some manage third partys' works. So, they might not have the time to invest so many times for a coding contest and to start from scratch. In this situation, presenting already completed projects or snippets is a great chance for these kind of people. So, I support Hasin Bhai's thinking as he giving opportunity to submit whole project or class or even a function again Bhara's speech is very much important. I know it is not a conventional way of Programming Contest.

                actually, which code i will submit is the matter of myself. I should maintain my clients' privacy.

                --
                Best Regard
                Md. Zakir Hossain (Raju)
                Message 7 of 10 , Nov 29, 2005
                  Then lets start choosing something from below.. or if anyone got
                  anymore ideaz..

                  1. Group Mail Lister (similar to yahoo group)
                  2. Forum/ Bulletin Board
                  3. News/Issue Manager
                  4. Personal Schedular
                  5. Chatroom
                  6. File/FTP Manager
                  7. Host Manager
                  8. Blogger etc etc...

                  hit your ideas here...

                • Md. Tahmidul Islam
                  Message 8 of 10 , Nov 29, 2005
                    Actually Mr. Hasin and Mr. Bhara were concerned about the Copyright
                    Law or the Privacy of a Commercial Product of any company of any
                    institution.. Hope we don't copy those..

                    They regularly asked us not to violet any Copyright Laws. It was a
                    silly misunderstanding between posts so that made little confusion.
                    But this is true that both of them are all time concerned about the
                    Copyright Protection.

                    Please don't think anyone of them asked to Post codes that Your
                    company owns or any institution owns. No commercial products will be
                    applicable for this monthly contest.

                    --- In phpexperts@yahoogroups.com, Zakir Hossain <rajuru@g...> wrote:

                    > Hi members, Good Afternoon.
                    > Good debate among Hasin bro. & Bhara bro.
                    >
                    > Actually, as OPEN SOURCE, we don't need to start designing many script
                    > from the scratch. We can get them from many websites. But, to flourish
                    > our creative & innovation power, we (Open Source Programmers) alwasy
                    > try to invent something. Right?
                    > Again many mid & pro & sometime novice programmers manage some
                    manage third partys' works. So, they might not have the time to invest
                    so many times for a coding contest and to start from scratch. In this
                    situation, presenting already completed projects or snippets is a
                    great chance for these kind of people. So, I support Hasin Bhai's
                    thinking as he giving opportunity to submit whole project or class or
                    even a function again Bhara's speech is very much important. I know
                    it is not a conventional way of Programming Contest.

                    > actually, which code i will submit is the matter of myself. I should
                    maintain my clients' privacy.

                    > --
                    > Best Regard
                    > Md. Zakir Hossain (Raju)
                    > www.rubd.net
                    > www.xenexbd.com
                    > ----------------------------

                  • Bhara( *_* )
                    Message 9 of 10 , Nov 29, 2005
                      OK
                      I am agree with Hasin bhai. and i definetely participate in this  contest.

                      and i suggest the Xperts who are going to participate in this contest should tell the specs of the project at least before 15-20 days before the compitition closes..

                      Message 10 of 10 , Nov 29, 2005
                        Thats a good idea. I like Group Mail Lister for the first month contest.

                        Brother Hasin,
                        Please make details features of Group Mail Lister and declare for the contest.
                        Or you may choose a small project.

                        Regards
                        -Arafat Rahman