need help

  • mainul
    Message 1 of 30 , Apr 4, 2013
      how do I remove the last comma in the string?
      here is the link http://pastebin.com/2gKUaE70

      Please help me
    • M.Mukaddim Islam Tanim
      Message 2 of 30 , Apr 4, 2013
        use this: rtrim($string, ",") would cut trailing commas.

        -- M Mukaddim Islam Tanim

        Message 3 of 30 , Apr 4, 2013
          Your code:
          1. $cities = array('Tokyo', 'Mexico City', 'New York City', 'Mumbai', 'Seoul', 'Shanghai', 'Lagos', 'Buenos Aires', 'Cairo', 'London');
          2.
          3.                 echo "<h2>Array to string separated by comma</h2><br>";
          4.                 foreach ($cities as $result) {
          5.                     $string = $result. ', ';
          6.                         echo $string;
          7.                 }

          Use this code instead of previous one:

          $cities = array('Tokyo', 'Mexico City', 'New York City', 'Mumbai', 'Seoul', 'Shanghai', 'Lagos', 'Buenos Aires', 'Cairo', 'London');
          $string = null;
          echo "<h2>Array to string separated by comma</h2><br>";
          foreach ($cities as $result) {
             $string .= $result. ', ';
          }
          echo rtrim($string, ",");

          use this: rtrim($string, ",") would cut trailing commas.

          -- M Mukaddim Islam Tanim

          how do I remove the last comma in the string?

        • foysal foysal
          Message 4 of 30 , Apr 4, 2013
            Mainul vai

            You can use the below solution

            <?php

            $cities = array('Tokyo', 'Mexico City', 'New York City', 'Mumbai', 'Seoul', 'Shanghai', 'Lagos', 'Buenos Aires', 'Cairo', 'London');

            echo "<h2>Array to string separated by comma</h2><br>"

            foreach ($cities as $result)
              if($result == end($cities))
              {
                  echo $result;
              }
              else
              {
                 echo $result.',';

            Foysal

            On Thu, Apr 4, 2013 at 2:27 PM, shiplu <shiplu.net@...> wrote:

            Here you can use implode function.

            echo "<h2>Array to string separated by comma</h2><br>";
            echo implode(', ', $cities);
            --
            Shiplu.Mokadd.im
            ImgSign.com | A dynamic signature machine

            Innovation distinguishes between follower and leader

          • foysal foysal
            Message 5 of 30 , Apr 15, 2013
              Mainul vai,

              You can see the below code.

              http://pastebin.com/4cB5hGui

              Thanks

              Foysal

              On Thu, Apr 4, 2013 at 2:53 PM, M.Mukaddim Islam Tanim <tanim_mmi@...> wrote:

[...]

            • Arifur Rahman
              Message 6 of 30 , Apr 15, 2013
                hello, there is way you can sub string 1 character from last

                On Thu, Apr 4, 2013 at 1:16 PM, mainul <myrulz007@...> wrote:

                how do I remove the last comma in the string?
                here is the link http://pastebin.com/2gKUaE70

                Please help me

                --
                Muhammad Arifur Rahman
                Senior Software Engineer
                Message 7 of 30 , Apr 15, 2013
                  Hi Dear.
                  Please try in this way
                  substr_replace($string, "", -1)

                  Saiful Islam
                  Web Application Developer
                  http://www.saifulbd.com

                  On Tue, Apr 16, 2013 at 12:37 PM, Arifur Rahman <arifur.aiub@...> wrote:

                  hello, there is way you can sub string 1 character from last

                  On Thu, Apr 4, 2013 at 1:16 PM, mainul <myrulz007@...> wrote:

                  how do I remove the last comma in the string?
                  here is the link http://pastebin.com/2gKUaE70

                  Please help me

                  --
                  Muhammad Arifur Rahman
                  Senior Software Engineer
                  CEO,Smart Data Soft

                • Saleha Latif
                  Message 8 of 30 , Apr 16, 2013

                    Here i want to mentioned that sometimes this below code wont work:
                    $mystring = substr("a,b,c,d, ", 0,-1);
                    because it has space at the end of the string so instead, use this one:
                    $mystring = substr(trim("a,b,c,d, "), 0,-1);

                    hope help for anyone
                    Regards
                    Saleha A.Latif

                    Message 9 of 30 , Apr 17, 2013
                      Dear Group,
                      I want to develop network monitoring tool in PHP.i have serached in google.but didn't get enough resource.
                      i want to have the following options in tht php based network monitoring tool:
                      1.Ping reply from router.
                      2.Bandwidth usage in LAN.
                      is there anybody can plz help me??