need help

  • mainul
    Message 1 of 30 , Apr 4 12:16 AM
      how do I remove the last comma in the string?
      here is the link http://pastebin.com/2gKUaE70

      Please help me
    • shiplu
      Message 2 of 30 , Apr 4 1:27 AM

        Here you can use implode function.

        echo "<h2>Array to string separated by comma</h2><br>";
        echo implode(', ', $cities);
        --
        Shiplu.Mokadd.im
        ImgSign.com | A dynamic signature machine

        Innovation distinguishes between follower and leader
      • M.Mukaddim Islam Tanim
        Message 3 of 30 , Apr 4 1:47 AM
          use this: rtrim($string, ",") would cut trailing commas.

          -- M Mukaddim Islam Tanim

          Message 4 of 30 , Apr 4 1:53 AM
            Your code:
            1. $cities = array('Tokyo', 'Mexico City', 'New York City', 'Mumbai', 'Seoul', 'Shanghai', 'Lagos', 'Buenos Aires', 'Cairo', 'London');
            2.
            3.                 echo "<h2>Array to string separated by comma</h2><br>";
            4.                 foreach ($cities as $result) {
            5.                     $string = $result. ', ';
            6.                         echo $string;
            7.                 }

            Use this code instead of previous one:

            $cities = array('Tokyo', 'Mexico City', 'New York City', 'Mumbai', 'Seoul', 'Shanghai', 'Lagos', 'Buenos Aires', 'Cairo', 'London');
            $string = null;
            echo "<h2>Array to string separated by comma</h2><br>";
            foreach ($cities as $result) {
               $string .= $result. ', ';
            }
            echo rtrim($string, ",");

            use this: rtrim($string, ",") would cut trailing commas.

            -- M Mukaddim Islam Tanim

            how do I remove the last comma in the string?

          • foysal foysal
            Message 5 of 30 , Apr 4 5:19 AM
              Mainul vai

              You can use the below solution

              <?php

              $cities = array('Tokyo', 'Mexico City', 'New York City', 'Mumbai', 'Seoul', 'Shanghai', 'Lagos', 'Buenos Aires', 'Cairo', 'London');

              echo "<h2>Array to string separated by comma</h2><br>"

              foreach ($cities as $result)
                if($result == end($cities))
                {
                    echo $result;
                }
                else
                {
                   echo $result.',';

              Foysal

              Message 6 of 30 , Apr 15 8:38 PM
                Mainul vai,

                You can see the below code.

                http://pastebin.com/4cB5hGui

                Thanks

                Foysal

                On Thu, Apr 4, 2013 at 2:53 PM, M.Mukaddim Islam Tanim <tanim_mmi@...> wrote:

[...]

              • Arifur Rahman
                Message 7 of 30 , Apr 15 9:37 PM
                  hello, there is way you can sub string 1 character from last

                  On Thu, Apr 4, 2013 at 1:16 PM, mainul <myrulz007@...> wrote:

                  how do I remove the last comma in the string?
                  here is the link http://pastebin.com/2gKUaE70

                  Please help me

                  --
                  Muhammad Arifur Rahman
                  Senior Software Engineer
                  Message 8 of 30 , Apr 15 11:44 PM
                    Hi Dear.
                    Please try in this way
                    substr_replace($string, "", -1)

                    Saiful Islam
                    Web Application Developer
                    http://www.saifulbd.com

                    On Tue, Apr 16, 2013 at 12:37 PM, Arifur Rahman <arifur.aiub@...> wrote:

                    hello, there is way you can sub string 1 character from last

                    On Thu, Apr 4, 2013 at 1:16 PM, mainul <myrulz007@...> wrote:

                    how do I remove the last comma in the string?
                    here is the link http://pastebin.com/2gKUaE70

                    Please help me

                    --
                    Muhammad Arifur Rahman
                    Senior Software Engineer
                    CEO,Smart Data Soft

                  • Saleha Latif
                    Message 9 of 30 , Apr 16 7:26 AM

                      Here i want to mentioned that sometimes this below code wont work:
                      $mystring = substr("a,b,c,d, ", 0,-1);
                      because it has space at the end of the string so instead, use this one:
                      $mystring = substr(trim("a,b,c,d, "), 0,-1);

                      hope help for anyone
                      Regards
                      Saleha A.Latif

                      Message 10 of 30 , Apr 17 12:48 AM
                        Dear Group,
                        I want to develop network monitoring tool in PHP.i have serached in google.but didn't get enough resource.
                        i want to have the following options in tht php based network monitoring tool:
                        1.Ping reply from router.
                        2.Bandwidth usage in LAN.
                        is there anybody can plz help me??