Capturing inbound link name

  • tonyrhills
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 29, 2012
      Hi guys.

      I'm totally new to a) php and b) this forum! I am building a website which will be linked from a number of charities offering a limited number of financial products. The product will be sold by a specific product provider, so our site is an intermediate site. The charity will receive income from each sale.

      Although I have researched as much as I can on the web, I cannot find an answer to several simple processes, so I am beginning to wonder if they are possible.

      1) The first is capturing the name of the inbound link (i.e. the charity name) even if a code.
      2) Using this name in various places on different pages of the viewer's session (i.e. visitors from different charities would only see the charity they have come through)
      3) Passing this name on to a product provider when the visitor decides to purchase so that the charity will receive their income from the sale.

      I am assuming this requires a php script as it will be handled server side although it may require a cookie for the client to be used during their session to hold the particular name. All my research on inbound links simply discusses SEO or Google, and my text books make no reference to the name of an inbound link and how (if possible) to capture and use it.

      Any advice or pointing in the right direction from forum members would be most welcome.

      Tony Hills