Re: [phpXperts] php problem

  • Mizanur Lasker
    Message 1 of 12 , May 13 9:44 PM
      sister, plz define your problem in details. Do you want to upload your php file to any live or development server? Or can execute that from your local pc? Plz explain, so that we can help you.

      Message 2 of 12 , May 13 9:47 PM
        You should check the upload path.... Absolute path is better/ easier to locate upload directory.

        for example:
        define('ABSPATH' , dirname(__FILE__).DIRECTORY_SEPARATOR);

        will return the current file absolute path.

        --- In phpexperts@yahoogroups.com, "Shampa" <shampachowdhury61@...> wrote:

        > via,
        > i want to show a php file. but i can't get any way to upload it and i am not finding any way for getting help.pls help me. i will be grateful to you.

      • Saiful Islam
        Message 3 of 12 , May 13 10:02 PM
          Dear,

          It is not clear where you want to show your php file/s, and where you want to upload your file.

          if test in your local ps,
               for wamp: cpoy and pest your file in www folder
               for xampp: copy and pest your file in htdocs folder

          then brows http://localhost/yourfilename.php

          Saiful Islam
          Gazipur, Bangladesh
          http://saifulbd.com/

          On Sun, May 13, 2012 at 12:35 PM, Shampa <shampachowdhury61@...> wrote:

          via,
          i want to show a php file. but i can't get any way to upload it and i am not finding any way for getting help.pls help me. i will be grateful to you.

        • Shampa Chowdhury
          Message 4 of 12 , May 14 8:40 PM
            via,
            salam,i am a nsu  student and i am doing thesis or project which is based on php. unfortunately, i have no partner and i had not done any course in php.so i am facing difficulties to do the project.can you pls help me to do the project. i will be very very grateful to you. basically i want to upload a file in your group .the file gives me error.but when i go to ur group and click on add button file ,one message show that the moderator does not allow me.i want to upload the file as bcos i could not debug the error.can you pls help me to do the project.i am in a great problem.

            thanks
            shampa

            Message 5 of 12 , May 16 10:00 PM
              --- In phpexperts@yahoogroups.com, "Shampa" <shampachowdhury61@...> wrote:

              > via,
              > i want to show a php file. but i can't get any way to upload it and i am not finding any way for getting help.pls help me. i will be grateful to you.

              I think the moderator of this Group has restricted you from being uploading a file.
              Moderators can restrict the "Files" area to themselves or turn off file uploading on a member-by-member basis. If the moderator has turned off your access, you won't see the Create Folder, Create Text File or Add File buttons in the "Files" area.
              You can't upload a file by sending it as an email attachment to the group. You must use your browser to access the "Files" area.
              Also check the size of your file,you can not upload file of size more than 5MB.
            • Saiful Islam
              Message 6 of 12 , May 17 3:27 PM
                Wassalam,

                Dear it is forum where you can get various very important suggestion from experts. Please mention your problems specifically, then experts can help you
                --
                Saiful Islam
                Banani, Bangladesh

                Message 7 of 12 , May 17 6:25 PM
                  Hi Sampa,
                  Happy to hear that you are a student, trying to do something using PHP.
                  Let us know the idea of your thesis project. You may upload the php file into pastebin.com OR snipt.org and share the link here. For your information phpXperts group is more active in Facebook. You can post your problem in phpXperts Facebook Group - https://www.facebook.com/groups/pxperts/

                  Hope for the best.

                  Best regards,

                  Arafat Rahman

                  Web Application Developer
                  http://arafatbd.net
                • Shampa Chowdhury
                  Message 8 of 12 , May 18 3:59 AM
                  via,
                  salam,i am sending my thesis project.it is from page 18 to 27.it has basically done by android programming by java. but i did not know java.thats why  i want to do it by php. but in php i have heard sms service is not possible.without sms service it is much much simpler.thats why i want to add some features or add some more things.can u pls give some ideas to add some more things to this project.it will be helpful if i talk with u face to face.then i can make u more clear about my project that what i want to do.

                  thanks
                  shampa

                  Message 9 of 12 , May 18 2:52 PM
                    Shampa,
                    First let me tell you, I am not a moderator of this group nor do I possess moderator's opinion. Take it is as my personal opinion.

                    1. Do you know that academic research / studies are only subject to the liability of research/project conducting student, teacher and institution? If you don't know, then let me tell you, sharing academic information is completely illegal. Most of us may not know this, but that doesn't make the rules void. Do not share your project information with anybody else other than your project coordinator, group member or if you don't have legal permission to do so. This is almost equivalent to plagiarism.

                    2. Moreover, 'phpExperts' group is a group where people share their problems and discuss their solution. You might say that you have seen lot of people disclosing their project information here. Either they are unintentionally doing that (without knowing) or they don't have formal relationship with client. So, in the case of software development anyone with a formal relationship and NDA (non-disclosure agreement) signed between developer and contractor (which is a must document needed to be signed by any software professionals) may not be able to share project information except upto the detail they need a solution for. And in the case of Academic projects, the rules are even stricter.

                    So please avoid doing so. Instead you can ask for very specific solution like, 'How can I validate my login credential and insert them into the session?' or 'How should I use php's core function strstr?' or 'What is the purpose/benefit/drawbacks of using COOKIE superglobal variable?'

                    Hope I didn't misunderstood your situation, but my point is when you are conducting a thesis or project, it should have your inputs, not others. Also, you may be in good luck, PHP syntax's are similar to C/C++. Start by talking to your supervisor and then work your way out.

                    Good Luck
                    Yamin

                    --- In phpexperts@yahoogroups.com, Shampa Chowdhury <shampachowdhury61@...> wrote:

                    > via,
                    >

                    > salam,i am sending my thesis project.it is from page 18 to 27.it has basically done by android programming by java. but i did not know java.thats why  i want to do it by php. but in php i have heard sms service is not possible.without sms service it is much much simpler.thats why i want to add some features or add some more things.can u pls give some ideas to add some more things to this project.it will be helpful if i talk with u face to face.then i can make u more clear about my project that what i want to do.
                    >
                    > thanks
                    > shampa
                    >

                    > ________________________________

                  • Arafat Rahman
                    Message 10 of 12 , May 18 5:23 PM
                      Dear Yamin,
                      I am not agreed with your point number 1. "sharing academic information is completely illegal.... Do not share your project information with anybody else other than your project coordinator, group member..."- I don't think so.

                      In our university, we, all the student of the same year and research guides (teachers) met in a common room, each student presented their research proposal standing on the dais. Teachers and students made some questions and suggestions on the proposal, and then the proposal was approved by the departmental head.

                      Sharing research ideas in a public group may not approved by the authority.

                      I am agreed with your second point. We the phpXperts members may help Sampa to fix some technical problems during the development of the application.

                      Best regards,

                      Arafat Rahman

                      Web Application Developer
                      http://arafatbd.net
                    • ymnoor21
                      Message 11 of 12 , May 21 3:44 PM
                        Arafat Bro,
                        I don't think you carefully read my comment on my previous post. Here, let me restate it here again:

                        "Do you know that academic research / studies are only subject to the liability of research/project conducting student, teacher and institution? If you don't know, then let me tell you, sharing academic information is completely illegal. Most of us may not know this, but that doesn't make the rules void. Do not share your project information with anybody else other than your project coordinator, group member or if you don't have legal permission to do so"

                        - I always pointed that a research / studies (which includes proposals / broader analysis) can be limited within your colleagues, supervisor and your institution.

                        - I have also mentioned about sharing "project information" (which could include sensitive project information) be available only to project coordinator, group member or any other parties you have legal permission to do so (Ex: research sponsoring companies etc).

                        Sharing project / research work related information are sole propriety of your institution. If they can give you funds, allow you to use their resources on a project / research, then they should have legal rights to protect their results as well. Don't you think so? This is absolutely fair and square deal.

                        Also, if you do not have secrecy about your research, then what is the point of doing a research? If something is already public, then how could you establish that you did the research all by your own? Frankly speaking, in our Bangladeshi universities, we simply don't care, because most (not all) undergraduate research studies are copy paste product. There is no originality. Believe me, I have seen at-least 2/3 people getting in trouble during their research studies in outside Bangladesh, just not realizing what plagiarism is. Because they never understood what was wrong. It can cost someone severely.

                        Anyway, my point is even if there were no rules, would you allow someone to copy your ideas and false-fully claim the ownership? Then where is the sense of creativity, where is the beauty of learning, where is the ethics? I know rules are made for humans, but aren't we smarter than rules? We (humans) are supposed to be creative.

                        I am sorry for being so descriptive, but I couldn't agree with the notion that someone would ask for help and get away with academic projects without even knowing the hardship it meant for conducting the research / project. I personally believe in intellectual knowledge sharing for generating better ideas but not knowledge dumping.

                        Thanks
                        Yamin