Need help on Magento

  • shmarafat06
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 26, 2012
      Dear All,

      I have been assigned to a Magento Project from my office. But to be honest I don't know anything about Magento. :(

      The project requirements include:-

      1. Design integration

      2. Cut-to-size option - We will need to develop a "cut-to-size" option for many products. We will need to have an option that will allow the visitor to type in the desired length and width. For example, for a plastic sheet that costs $2 per square meter, and a customer wants 2m x 80cm it would total $6.40. There will be a variety of different rules and pricing for different products. It may be a more complicated formula than this, and we will figure out the details, but we need to know if this is possible using Magento. Most likely this will need to be done through a customizable Magento extension.

      3. Custom search - We will need to develop a search process that will sort and produce search results as the query is being typed. The best example of this is Google's instant search feature, whereby results are displayed and change as the user is typing, through AJAX. Further more these results should already be filtered when a visitor is browsing a specific category. The results page will also need to be organized as a grid OR list, as is standard Magento functionality.

      3a. Search suggest - If the fully custom search should prove too complicated or expensive for the client, we will resort to a more simple "search suggestions" or auto-complete functionality available from within every page of the website.This will likely draw upon an automatically updated XML catalog of products and descriptions.

      Can anyone help me on this? I'd be very grateful to you.
    • shmarafat06
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 25, 2012
        Is there no one who can help me out!! Please help me.

        --- In phpexperts@yahoogroups.com, "shmarafat06" <shmarafat06@...> wrote:

        > Dear All,
        >
        > I have been assigned to a Magento Project from my office. But to be honest I don't know anything about Magento. :(
        >
        > The project requirements include:-
        >
        > 1. Design integration
        >
        > 2. Cut-to-size option - We will need to develop a "cut-to-size" option for many products. We will need to have an option that will allow the visitor to type in the desired length and width. For example, for a plastic sheet that costs $2 per square meter, and a customer wants 2m x 80cm it would total $6.40. There will be a variety of different rules and pricing for different products. It may be a more complicated formula than this, and we will figure out the details, but we need to know if this is possible using Magento. Most likely this will need to be done through a customizable Magento extension.
        >
        > 3. Custom search - We will need to develop a search process that will sort and produce search results as the query is being typed. The best example of this is Google's instant search feature, whereby results are displayed and change as the user is typing, through AJAX. Further more these results should already be filtered when a visitor is browsing a specific category. The results page will also need to be organized as a grid OR list, as is standard Magento functionality.
        >
        > 3a. Search suggest - If the fully custom search should prove too complicated or expensive for the client, we will resort to a more simple "search suggestions" or auto-complete functionality available from within every page of the website.This will likely draw upon an automatically updated XML catalog of products and descriptions.
        >
        > Can anyone help me on this? I'd be very grateful to you.

      • Arafat Rahman
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 25, 2012
          HiĀ Shmarafat06,
          phpexperts members are active in Facebook group. Please visit this URL

          Hope you will find someone to help you.

          Best regards,

          Arafat Rahman

          http://arafatbd.net