Re: [phpXperts] update 2 website parallely

  • Anjan Bhowmik
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 28, 2011
      You can build a small REST api of ur own.

      When an entry is added to abc.com u make a post on API endpoint in site xyz.com

      The api on xyz will take the input validate it and add to database.

      On Wed, Dec 28, 2011 at 4:40 PM, rafiq sohel <rafiq7s@...> wrote:

      Lets say, I have 2 web pages named abc.com and xyz.com. Both have individual databases in their own domain.

      I am inserting/modifying a database record through a web-form in abc.com.
      What I want to do it when submitting this form in abc.com, it will also make changes in xyz.com too, at the same time.

      Please let help me find a solution - how to do this.

      Thanks in advance.

      -rafiq7s

      --
      Anjan Bhowmik
      Freelance Software & Web Developer

    • it.codeperl
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 28, 2011
        Hello Mr.Sohel,
        If you are using raw php code, you may need 2 different DBConfig to solve your problem.Like, after inserting data into your default database, you should change the hostname, dbname, user and password on the fly and then run the same query again.

        If you are using any php framework, you may change the DBConfig settings on the fly and run the previous query.

        Those solution should work if these 2 databases have completely in same structure.

        If you need database sync, then it's unknown to me.

        Have a nice day.

        Mohammad Ashrafuddin Ferdousi

        --- In phpexperts@yahoogroups.com, rafiq sohel <rafiq7s@...> wrote:

        > Lets say, I have 2 web pages named abc.com and xyz.com. Both have individual databases in their own domain.
        >
        > I am inserting/modifying a database record through a web-form in abc.com.
        > What I want to do it when submitting this form in abc.com, it will also make changes in xyz.com too, at the same time.
        >
        > Please let help me find a solution - how to do this.
        >
        > Thanks in advance.
        >

        > -rafiq7s

      • Saiful Islam
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 28, 2011
          Try to make two database connection.
          One for abc.com and other is xyz.com

          Now write two same query
          one for abc.com and link connection will be abc.com
          another for xyz.com and link connection will be xyz.com

          This two query must have the action page.
          --
          Saiful Islam
          Gazipur, Bangladesh

          On Wed, Dec 28, 2011 at 4:40 PM, rafiq sohel <rafiq7s@...> wrote:

          Lets say, I have 2 web pages named abc.com and xyz.com. Both have individual databases in their own domain.

          I am inserting/modifying a database record through a web-form in abc.com.
          What I want to do it when submitting this form in abc.com, it will also make changes in xyz.com too, at the same time.

          Please let help me find a solution - how to do this.

          Thanks in advance.

          -rafiq7s

        • Tajharul Islam
          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 28, 2011
            Hello Sohel,

            Make two database connection.One for abc.com and other is xyz.com

            Now write two same query and run using different database connection.If you want to submit data from abc.com to xyz.com server, you have give permission of xyz.com server's database to allow abc.com server's data.

            Regards,

            Md. Tajharul Islam
            Sr. Web Developer
            BOL