Re: [phpXperts] Off Topic: Ruby on Rails Question

  • shiplu
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 29, 2011
      2011/11/30 Guruâ„¢ <nagendra802000@...>

      Hi All,

      I know this is a kind of an off topic question, but I want to know if anyone have any experience or hands on ruby on rails. I am very much interested in learning ruby on rails. However downloaded few video tutorials, but looks like its not at all like PHP. In php you just install Dreamweaver or an editor and a wamp server that's it. But in ruby on rails its entirely different setup for development. Dose anyone know if there is an easy way to develop web apps on ruby on rails. Although the language is not that hard but the prerequisite setup for it is very confusing and hard.

      I dont have experience on RoR. But I can tell you the difference between PHP and RoR.
      PHP is a language and RoR is a Framework of Ruby[1]. You can not compare RoR with PHP.
      Instead you can compare RoR with CakePHP or Zend Framework.
      Now think if you would have started learning PHP using ZF. Wouldn't it be tough? Because you need to learn PHP first. then ZF. Same way goes for RoR. Learn Ruby first then RoR.
      Hope it makes sense.

      [1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ruby_on_Rails
      --
      Shiplu.Mokadd.im
      ImgSign.com | A dynamic signature machine

      Innovation distinguishes between follower and leader