Re: [phpXperts] jquery help

  • Anjan Bhowmik
    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 9, 2011
      You have to assign an id or class name to each of the <td> element containing the texts, like this -

      Then, using jquery, u can do this -

      $('#tax_cell_header').html('your_new_text_here');

      That should do it.

      On Wed, Aug 10, 2011 at 10:12 AM, Qazi <qhr81@...> wrote:

      hello experts ..
      i want to change text with jquery any body help me ..
      the scenario is
      i have a table

      i want to change text of "TAX" to "VAT" at run time by using jquery..
      please help me for this.
      thanks

      --
      Anjan Bhowmik
      Freelance Software & Web Developer

    • Qazi
      Message 2 of 9 , Aug 9, 2011
        thanks for the reply sir ... i know sir the way of assigning ID is easy ... but this table is generating at run time by using ajax ... coming from an API .. that code i could not modify.. i want to change text TAX after coming from there. ..

        Message 3 of 9 , Aug 9, 2011
          Then perhaps u can use text replace :)

          When the html is available via ajax, you do the replace -

          Then update the page :)

          On Wed, Aug 10, 2011 at 10:47 AM, Qazi <qhr81@...> wrote:

          thanks for the reply sir ... i know sir the way of assigning ID is easy ... but this table is generating at run time by using ajax ... coming from an API .. that code i could not modify.. i want to change text TAX after coming from there. ..

          --- In phpexperts@yahoogroups.com, Anjan Bhowmik <anjan011@...> wrote:

          > You have to assign an id or class name to each of the <td> element
          > containing the texts, like this -

          > Then, using jquery, u can do this -
          >
          > $('#tax_cell_header').html('your_new_text_here');
          >
          > That should do it.
          >
          > On Wed, Aug 10, 2011 at 10:12 AM, Qazi <qhr81@...> wrote:
          >
          > > **
          > >

          > > hello experts ..
          > > i want to change text with jquery any body help me ..
          > > the scenario is
          > > i have a table

          > > i want to change text of "TAX" to "VAT" at run time by using jquery..
          > > please help me for this.
          > > thanks
          > >

          > --
          > Anjan Bhowmik
          > Freelance Software & Web Developer
          > M : +880 - 1670 - 556419
          > E : anjan011@..., info@...

          > Blog: http://www.ultrasoftbd.com/
          > Site: http://www.onlyfreelancer.com/ - Only for Freelancer's!

          --
          Anjan Bhowmik
          Freelance Software & Web Developer
          M : +880 - 1670 - 556419
          E : anjan011@...info@...
          Site: http://www.onlyfreelancer.com/ - Only for Freelancer's!

        • muntu sarkar
          Message 4 of 9 , Aug 10, 2011
            Assuming you have loaded the table fragment using jquery load  method, you can easily add a function callback and do the processing.
          • ymnoor21
            Message 5 of 9 , Aug 10, 2011
              Qazi,
              Are you sure you cant modify the source file which generates these HTML via ajax? Don't get me wrong, i have a feeling that if u have copied this result from the output, i.e:

              then i can see some spelling mistakes immediately and no standard API output would do that. I mean they will check & verify it before they send something. My sense is that, if you are doing an API call then how are you getting results via Ajax?? I don't recall any Ajax API doing that unless you are using JSONP and has established an understanding of data interchanging format mutually. Or may be you are right but explaining it differently. So could you please explain your problems a little bit more and in detail manner, then i am sure we can be of your help!!!

              Thanks
              Yamin

              Message 6 of 9 , Aug 10, 2011
                To me, it seems like our friend here didn't have access to server side AJAX processing code, which i think he confirmed, too.

                hence, the text replace :) there are almost all sort of API available on net, and unfortunately not all are well written. I quess Qazi vai, has faced one like these.

                Message 7 of 9 , Aug 10, 2011
                  dear Yamin
                  yes i am sure i cant modify this code..
                  i copied this result from "View Page Source" and past here after the modify some text .... i just only want to set VAT on the place of Tax please forget all other text like Sales, Purches and total and focus only on Tax ... it is because the word of Tax is using in US and the word of VAT is using UK side. my Clint want to use VAT instead of Tax.
                  thanks for replying

                  --- In phpexperts@yahoogroups.com, "ymnoor21" <ymnoor21@...> wrote:

                  > Qazi,
                  > Are you sure you cant modify the source file which generates these HTML via ajax? Don't get me wrong, i have a feeling that if u have copied this result from the output, i.e:

                  > then i can see some spelling mistakes immediately and no standard API output would do that. I mean they will check & verify it before they send something. My sense is that, if you are doing an API call then how are you getting results via Ajax?? I don't recall any Ajax API doing that unless you are using JSONP and has established an understanding of data interchanging format mutually. Or may be you are right but explaining it differently. So could you please explain your problems a little bit more and in detail manner, then i am sure we can be of your help!!!
                  >
                  > Thanks
                  > Yamin

                • ymnoor21
                  Message 8 of 9 , Aug 11, 2011