Need Help with Sending form content in my email

  • Guru™
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 6, 2011
      Hi All,

      I have a contact form with some fields in it. When a user fill out the form it is supposed to send an email to myself. Everything is working fine however I am getting the email after 30 min. Its taking a long time to be in my inbox. Not sure why its happening. Please help me with this.

      --
      Best,
      Guru™

    • Anjan Bhowmik
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 6, 2011
        Hello  Nagendra!

        Please when you ask for help specify these info -

        1) Your OS
        2) The Server and PHP version

        as much of the time the problem is somewhat platform dependent.

        Now, for your question if you use SMTP, your email sending can be delayed, much delayed, based how it is configured. On the other hand mail() using sendmail usually delivers mails instantly to a few mins.

        So, if ur hosting is on windows, checkout with your hosting's server admin.

        2011/4/6 Guru™ <nagendra802000@...>

        Hi All,

        I have a contact form with some fields in it. When a user fill out the form it is supposed to send an email to myself. Everything is working fine however I am getting the email after 30 min. Its taking a long time to be in my inbox. Not sure why its happening. Please help me with this.

        --
        Best,

        Guru™

        --
        Anjan Bhowmik
        Freelance Software & Web Developer
        M : +880 - 1670 - 556419
        E : anjan011@...info@...
        Site: http://www.onlyfreelancer.com/ - Only for Freelancer's!

      • Guru™
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 6, 2011
          Sorry for that Anjan, OS is Linux and hosted on godaddy.com and PHP version is 5.3. And yes I am using mail() function. When I wrote the mail() initially for few fields it was sending mails in seconds, however when I added my whole form its taking long time as I mentioned.