Help regarding mailing system in PHP MySQL environment

  • Tonmoy Paul
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 1, 2011
      Dear All:

      I am new to PHP MySQL, I am doing a little project work with it. It looks like ticketing system/mailing system. I have own domain's email addresses which are hosted on Gmail's free space. Now, I am gonna develop such a PHP MySQL site by which I can send email from these gmail account. Actually I will use my web page form to write mail and send these using own domain's email addresses which are hosted on gmail.

      Please gimme a brief instruction that how I can do that.

      Note: I have tried PHPMailer and some other codes getting from search engines but all the time I get error msgs.

      -Tonmoy

    • abdullah al jahid shakti
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 1, 2011
        Hi,
        If you have a PHP supported hosting you can easily use Email just with php mail() function.

        In email system, the "From" information actually comes in header information, where you can put any email address you want.
        So if you want a specific Email address to send from, you can just add it in mail header information.

        You can find more details information about mail() function here - http://
        php.net/manual/en/function.mail.php

        --
        Best Regards
        Abdullah Al Jahid

      • Arafat Rahman
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 1, 2011
          Hi Tonmoy,
          I guess you did not change the MX record on your hosting. If your hosting is cPanel, then you may follow this process to edit MX record.
          1. Log in to your cPanel account
          2. Click Mail
          3. Click Modify Mail Exchanger (MX Entry). A list of your current MX records will appear
          4. Click Change an MX Entry
          5. In the Change MX for... field, enter "ASPMX.L.GOOGLE.COM"
          6. Click Change

          Arafat Rahman
          Web Application Developer, SolutionArena.com
          http://arafatbd.net