How can I check that my browser is JS enabled?

  • Rupom
    Message 1 of 18 , Jun 28, 2005
      Hi Xperts,
      How can I check by PHP whether my browser is JS enabled or not? It's simple and can be done may ways. But I want to know whether there is any PHP function by which we can check this property.

      I m waiting for ur anwsers.

      Regards,

      Rupom

      Yahoo! Sports
    • ( *_* )
      Message 2 of 18 , Jun 30, 2005
        I think you need this
        http://www.php.net/manual/en/function.get-browser.php

        ( *_* )Emon

        --- In phpexperts@yahoogroups.com, Rupom <rupom_315@y...> wrote:
        > Hi Xperts,
        > How can I check by PHP whether my browser is JS enabled or not? It's
        simple and can be done may ways. But I want to know whether there is
        any PHP function by which we can check this property.

        > I m waiting for ur anwsers.
        >
        > Regards,
        >
        > Rupom
        >

        > ---------------------------------
        > Yahoo! Sports
      • Md. Shahadat Hossain Khan
        Message 3 of 18 , Jun 30, 2005
          Hello Emon,
          If you want to use get_browser() function you need browscap.ini file.
          And here you need to view your client a extra page. You need to check
          browser silently from your client. I think this is not possible with
          this get_browser() function...! But i am not sure cause i can't check
          this function at my server (www.suchona.com/test/get_growser.php) for
          browscap.ini file. Yes the advantage of this function is that once you
          able to execute that function you will get all the information..!
          Thanks & don't mind its my opinion

          Razon

          Message 4 of 18 , Jun 30, 2005
            Dear Emon Bhai,
            Thnx for ur reference. I was really looking this
            thing.
            After receiving ur mail, I have implemented it by
            setting the browscap.ini. And I am successful. I am
            sharing my success. I am really happy bcoz I have
            found it in PHP what I was looking.

            ////My Test Code

            $browser = get_browser(NULL, true);

            if($browser['javascript']==1)
            echo "JS Enabled...";
            else
            echo "JS not Enabled...";

            ///End of My Test Code

            Thnx and regards,

            Rupom

            --- "( *_* )" <ekramok@...> wrote:

            > I think you need this

            http://www.php.net/manual/en/function.get-browser.php

            > ( *_* )Emon
            >
            > --- In phpexperts@yahoogroups.com, Rupom
            > <rupom_315@y...> wrote:
            > > Hi Xperts,
            > > How can I check by PHP whether my browser is JS
            > enabled or not? It's
            > simple and can be done many ways. But I want to know
            > whether there is
            > any PHP function by which we can check this
            > property.
            > >
            > > I m waiting for ur anwsers.
            > >
            > > Regards,
            > >
            > > Rupom
            > >

            > > ---------------------------------
            > > Yahoo! Sports
            > > Rekindle the Rivalries. Sign up for Fantasy
            > Football

            Yahoo! Sports
            http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com
          • Sumon
            Message 5 of 18 , Jul 1, 2005
              Hi xprets,
              Pls inform how I can save a large file to mysql
              table.

              I read an uploaded file by the function fread() as
              ////////////
              $tmp_file=$HTTP_POST_FILES['userfile']['tmp_name'];
              $fp=fopen($tmp_file,"rb");
              $song=fread($fp,filesize($tmp_file));
              $song=addslashes($song);

              mysql_query("insert into mp3_song
              values('$id','$song')");
              //////////////////
              then if I save the variable '$song' to database table
              at the field longblob, then if the file is greater
              than 2mb,Then it is not saved to database.but <2mb is
              saved.

              Here I configured my php.ini, where maximum upload
              size
              28MB(which is by default 2mb), memory 32MB, the
              maximum size of post data 32mb(which is by default
              8mb)and the necessary changes as i know.

              I can copy the large file (>2mb) to other directory,
              but not to table. So please help me about the filesize
              and php.ini and other which is needed for it.
              NB:- Here the Apache server is at WINDOWS OS
              ///////
              Again,the Apache server at Linux-7.2 os the files of
              type *.mp3,*.wma, etc I cannot upload. When I select
              these type of files by form and submit it to next
              page,
              The browser cannot find the file, but This is not
              happened for *.jpg, *.doc etc.

              Plese inform about the problem and how it can be
              solved.
              Thank u all.

              http://mail.yahoo.com
            • Shadow Warrior
              Message 6 of 18 , Jul 1, 2005
                Hi sumon,
                Saving large files in a database hampers the performance at a great
                extent. You should not perform this, rather you can store the file in
                a secured directory in server and save the filename in database.

                before 4/5 months, I was appointed to debug a software. In which they
                store image of all members in MSSQL db. The developer company
                guranteed that the software will not collapse or slow down. But the
                truth is that whole system collapsed after insertion of 2000 records.
                Each select query took arround 3-4 minute to complete. This happen
                only for using those ***** blob fileds without planning.

                Thanks for you snippet. Take care

                Hasin Hayder

                Message 7 of 18 , Jul 1, 2005
                  Dear Friends,
                                    what is the Maximum storage capacity of mySQL??

                  Regd.
                  Vishal Goyal

                  http://mail.yahoo.com

                • ( *_* )
                  Message 8 of 18 , Jul 1, 2005
                    Thanks 4 ur information Razon, I refer this PHP function because Rupom
                    wants to know is there any function in PHP which can be use to check
                    this property (see below: rupom's post). I just want inform him there
                    is a function is PHP and he can give this a try, so I just give the
                    link to the manual.
                    But ur information will help others' to check out; also rupom himself.

                    Thanks
                    ( *_* )Emon

                    --- In phpexperts@yahoogroups.com, "Md. Shahadat Hossain Khan"

                    Message 9 of 18 , Jul 2, 2005
                      Thanks 4 ur kind words.
                      u r welcome.

                      ( *_* )Emon

                      --- In phpexperts@yahoogroups.com, Rupom <rupom_315@y...> wrote:

                      > Dear Emon Bhai,
                      > Thnx for ur reference. I was really looking this
                      > thing.
                      > After receiving ur mail, I have implemented it by
                      > setting the browscap.ini. And I am successful. I am
                      > sharing my success. I am really happy bcoz I have
                      > found it in PHP what I was looking.
                      >
                      > ////My Test Code
                      >
                      > $browser = get_browser(NULL, true);
                      >
                      > if($browser['javascript']==1)
                      > echo "JS Enabled...";
                      > else
                      > echo "JS not Enabled...";
                      >
                      > ///End of My Test Code
                      >

                      > Thnx and regards,
                      >
                      > Rupom
                      >
                      > --- "( *_* )" <ekramok@y...> wrote:
                      >
                      > > I think you need this
                      > >
                      > http://www.php.net/manual/en/function.get-browser.php
                      > >
                      > > ( *_* )Emon
                      > >
                      > > --- In phpexperts@yahoogroups.com, Rupom
                      > > <rupom_315@y...> wrote:
                      > > > Hi Xperts,
                      > > > How can I check by PHP whether my browser is JS
                      > > enabled or not? It's
                      > > simple and can be done many ways. But I want to know
                      > > whether there is
                      > > any PHP function by which we can check this
                      > > property.
                      > > >
                      > > > I m waiting for ur anwsers.
                      > > >
                      > > > Regards,
                      > > >
                      > > > Rupom
                      > > >

                      > > > ---------------------------------
                      > > > Yahoo! Sports
                      > > > Rekindle the Rivalries. Sign up for Fantasy
                      > > Football

                      > Yahoo! Sports
                    • Mohammad Sajjad Hossain
                      Message 10 of 18 , Jul 2, 2005
                        Vishal,
                        You can visit the following link for your answer.

                        Sajjad

                        Zip Zap <zipzap_zen@...> wrote:
                        Dear Friends,
                                          what is the Maximum storage capacity of mySQL??

                        Regd.
                        Vishal Goyal

                        http://mail.yahoo.com

                        Visit ProjectsHosted, online directory for PHP software : http://dev6.php5.nedlinux.com

                        Yahoo! Sports

                      • Rupom
                        Message 11 of 18 , Jul 2, 2005
                          Emon Bhai & Razon Bhai,

                          First time, i also was not able to work with the
                          default browscap.ini file. But after dowloading the
                          latest browscap.ini from
                          "http://www.garykeith.com/browsers/downloads.asp", I
                          was able to test and it returns all the values related
                          to the browser. I have tested it on localhost.

                          I could not understand why we need to show an extra
                          page?And why we need to check browser silently in the
                          client side? Please make me clear. I will also try to
                          implement it online.

                          Waiting for ur responses.

                          Regards,

                          Rupom

                          http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
                        • ( *_* )
                          Message 12 of 18 , Jul 2, 2005
                            Ok, rupom there are many ways to check the weather target browser is
                            JavaScript enabled or disabled. Some are already posted in this forum.
                            Omar Al Zabi shows another easy trick in his post (Message no 1468)

                            And PHP have a built in function get_browser() but need some
                            configuration directives. So you need to access the PHP ini file which
                            is not possible all the time if you use shared hosting.

                            It is good thinking to make your web application as stable as
                            possible. Consider the condition you write a php script that is ok
                            when PHP's magic_quotes_gpc configuration is turn on but your hosting
                            server make it off in their PHP configuration file. So you make some
                            change in your script and now it's ok to deal with that new server
                            configuration. After several months you need to change your hosting
                            company and found new PHP configuration that doesn't match with your
                            needs. And so …. .

                            But isn't it butter to code such way that will work ok in both
                            configuration or not depend on any configaration?

                            You know your goal
                            Choice is yours

                          • imran rahi
                            Message 13 of 18 , Jul 5, 2005
                              Hi
                              Its 4GB...
                              But still try to get int confirmed form others too.
                              Thanks

                              Zip Zap <zipzap_zen@...> wrote:
                              Dear Friends,
                                                what is the Maximum storage capacity of mySQL??

                              Regd.
                              Vishal Goyal

                              http://mail.yahoo.com

                              Visit ProjectsHosted, online directory for PHP software : http://dev6.php5.nedlinux.com

                              Yahoo! Sports

                            • Md. Rafiqul Islam
                              Message 14 of 18 , Jul 5, 2005
                                Hi Xperts,

                                  Maximum storage capacity of MySql depends on MySql version.

                                MySql v3.22 storage capacity: 4GB
                                MySql v3.23 storage capacity: 8 Million TB

                                You may ask how much can be the number of column of a table can be
                                and it is : 3398

                                Feel free to ask more......

                                Regards
                                Md Rafiqul Islam (Rafiq)

                                Zip Zap <zipzap_zen@...> wrote:
                                Dear Friends,
                                                  what is the Maximum storage capacity of mySQL??

                                Regd.
                                Vishal Goyal

                                http://mail.yahoo.com

                                Visit ProjectsHosted, online directory for PHP software : http://dev6.php5.nedlinux.com

                                Yahoo! Sports

                                Visit ProjectsHosted, online directory for PHP software : http://dev6.php5.nedlinux.com

                              • Zip Zap
                                Message 15 of 18 , Jul 6, 2005

                                  Dear Friends,

                                              I want to make a e-com website for hotel reservation system can u help me how I start with it…

                                  Main Issues are

                                  1)      from where I get free Credit-Card authorization

                                  2)      How I connect with mysite

                                  3)      How I conform the payments/ get the payments

                                  Regards

                                  Vishal Goyal

                                  http://mail.yahoo.com

                                • Shadow Warrior
                                  Message 16 of 18 , Jul 6, 2005
                                    follow these steps

                                    1. Create and account in PayPal
                                    2. Check out their marchent tools and setup the call back IPN
                                    3. The callback IPN will be fetched everytime when a transaction takes
                                    place, with appropiate parameters by which you can know whether it is
                                    successful or failed

                                    Thanks
                                    Hasin

                                    --- In phpexperts@yahoogroups.com, Zip Zap <zipzap_zen@y...> wrote:

                                    > Dear Friends,
                                    >
                                    > I want to make a e-com website for hotel reservation
                                    system can u help me how I start with it…

                                    > Main Issues are
                                    >
                                    > 1) from where I get free Credit-Card authorization
                                    >
                                    > 2) How I connect with mysite
                                    >
                                    > 3) How I conform the payments/ get the payments
                                    >

                                    > Regards
                                    >
                                    > Vishal Goyal

                                    > http://mail.yahoo.com
                                  • Sadiqur Rahman
                                    Message 17 of 18 , Jul 6, 2005
                                      Hello Dear,
                                      You suggest to open an account in PayPal. But PayPal doesn`t support
                                      any account from Bangladesh. there are not "Bangladesh" at Country
                                      list in signUp Page of PayPal. so How Can I Open an account at
                                      PayPal And How can My Account be verified by payPal ?

                                      Sadiqur Rahman

                                      --- In phpexperts@yahoogroups.com, "Shadow Warrior"
                                      <augustwind16@y...> wrote:
                                      > Hi,
                                      > follow these steps
                                      >
                                      > 1. Create and account in PayPal
                                      > 2. Check out their marchent tools and setup the call back IPN
                                      > 3. The callback IPN will be fetched everytime when a transaction
                                      takes
                                      > place, with appropiate parameters by which you can know whether it
                                      is
                                      > successful or failed
                                      >

                                      > Thanks
                                      > Hasin
                                      >
                                      > --- In phpexperts@yahoogroups.com, Zip Zap <zipzap_zen@y...> wrote:
                                      > >

                                      > > Dear Friends,
                                      > >
                                      > > I want to make a e-com website for hotel reservation
                                      > system can u help me how I start with it…
                                      > >

                                      > > Main Issues are
                                      > >
                                      > > 1) from where I get free Credit-Card authorization
                                      > >
                                      > > 2) How I connect with mysite
                                      > >
                                      > > 3) How I conform the payments/ get the payments
                                      > >

                                      > > Regards
                                      > >
                                      > > Vishal Goyal

                                      > > http://mail.yahoo.com
                                    • StringFella Hawk
                                      Message 18 of 18 , Jul 7, 2005
                                        ll u dont get authorization 4 free.
                                        You have to pay something .Try paypal.Best i guess.
                                        Support india too

                                        http://auctions.yahoo.com/