[phpXperts] Re: Programming Ability

  • M A Hossain Tonu
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 4, 2010
      Hi Foysal,

      Nice to hear that you believe in power of PHP :)

      > Like, I know the basics of OOP in PHP, now I am looking for something advanced in OOP.

      Well if you know the basics of OOP in PHP then 'Design patterns' would be a good read/practice/next level for you.

      https://www.packtpub.com/oop-php-5/book
      Read the sample chapter of this famous book written by Hasin Hayder in order to catch Design Patterns faster.

      >I am not familiar with “Data Structure”. I like algorithms. I am
      > looking for algorithms from less complex to more complex (is there any site
      > regarding this??).

      Yeah, u r using Data Structure all the time u code i.e.

      Data structures can be array,linklist...bla bla..

      For algorithm i suggest you a very basic book named something like 'Computer Algorithms' by Sartaj Sahani aka. sahani book of algorithm. :)

      U can have this book(data structure book also) from any undergraduate cse students or nilkhet.

      >I am also looking for a site to practice. I heard about ACM.
      > But I know little about it. Is it consists of most complex problems?

      http://online-judge.uva.es/problemset/
      http://code.google.com/codejam

      Best Regards

      M A Hossain Tonu
      Blog: http://mahtonu.wordpress.com

      --- In phpexperts@yahoogroups.com, Php Php <nowphp@...> wrote:

      > Dear Tonu vai
      >

      > I enjoyed your session “JavaScript Wash” in PHP eXpert  group seminar. I am practicing PHP for 2/3
      > years. I know basics of programming as well as PHP.  Recently I found that I could not solve
      > complex problems, that’s why I asked that question. I would like to extend myself.
      > Like, I know the basics of OOP in PHP, now I am looking for something advanced
      > in OOP. I am not familiar with “Data Structure”. I like algorithms. I am
      > looking for algorithms from less complex to more complex (is there any site
      > regarding this??). I am also looking for a site to practice. I heard about ACM.
      > But I know little about it. Is it consists of most complex problems?
      >

      > Actually I need a ladder to climb to advance level.
      >

      > Thanks for reply.
      >

      > Foysal
      >

      > www.abufoysal.blogspot.com

    • se_lain
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 14, 2010
        http://www.php.net/

        That's the most important site you need to know. It's not just basic descriptions and knowledge, but many PHP programmers post useful examples with some being very complex. I found it very helpful for object oriented programming in PHP especially for things like implementing Array Access and Iterator.