Re: [phpXperts] Re: Programming Ability

  • Php Php
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 4, 2010

      Dear Tonu vai

      I enjoyed your session “JavaScript Wash” in PHP eXpert  group seminar. I am practicing PHP for 2/3 years. I know basics of programming as well as PHP.  Recently I found that I could not solve complex problems, that’s why I asked that question. I would like to extend myself. Like, I know the basics of OOP in PHP, now I am looking for something advanced in OOP. I am not familiar with “Data Structure”. I like algorithms. I am looking for algorithms from less complex to more complex (is there any site regarding this??). I am also looking for a site to practice. I heard about ACM. But I know little about it. Is it consists of most complex problems?

      Actually I need a ladder to climb to advance level.

      Thanks for reply.

      Foysal

      www.abufoysal.blogspot.com

      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 4, 2010
        Hi Foysal,

        Nice to hear that you believe in power of PHP :)

        > Like, I know the basics of OOP in PHP, now I am looking for something advanced in OOP.

        Well if you know the basics of OOP in PHP then 'Design patterns' would be a good read/practice/next level for you.

        https://www.packtpub.com/oop-php-5/book
        Read the sample chapter of this famous book written by Hasin Hayder in order to catch Design Patterns faster.

        >I am not familiar with “Data Structure”. I like algorithms. I am
        > looking for algorithms from less complex to more complex (is there any site
        > regarding this??).

        Yeah, u r using Data Structure all the time u code i.e.

        Data structures can be array,linklist...bla bla..

        For algorithm i suggest you a very basic book named something like 'Computer Algorithms' by Sartaj Sahani aka. sahani book of algorithm. :)

        U can have this book(data structure book also) from any undergraduate cse students or nilkhet.

        >I am also looking for a site to practice. I heard about ACM.
        > But I know little about it. Is it consists of most complex problems?

        http://online-judge.uva.es/problemset/
        http://code.google.com/codejam

        Best Regards

        M A Hossain Tonu
        Blog: http://mahtonu.wordpress.com

        --- In phpexperts@yahoogroups.com, Php Php <nowphp@...> wrote:

        > Dear Tonu vai
        >

        > I enjoyed your session “JavaScript Wash” in PHP eXpert  group seminar. I am practicing PHP for 2/3
        > years. I know basics of programming as well as PHP.  Recently I found that I could not solve
        > complex problems, that’s why I asked that question. I would like to extend myself.
        > Like, I know the basics of OOP in PHP, now I am looking for something advanced
        > in OOP. I am not familiar with “Data Structure”. I like algorithms. I am
        > looking for algorithms from less complex to more complex (is there any site
        > regarding this??). I am also looking for a site to practice. I heard about ACM.
        > But I know little about it. Is it consists of most complex problems?
        >

        > Actually I need a ladder to climb to advance level.
        >

        > Thanks for reply.
        >

        > Foysal
        >

        > www.abufoysal.blogspot.com

      • se_lain
        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 14, 2010
          http://www.php.net/

          That's the most important site you need to know. It's not just basic descriptions and knowledge, but many PHP programmers post useful examples with some being very complex. I found it very helpful for object oriented programming in PHP especially for things like implementing Array Access and Iterator.