Re: [phpXperts] Re: Programming Ability

  • zahid iqbal
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 4, 2010
      Hi, to all
      I like following comments, but all of them are forgetting main thing is the paper work for drawing DFDs, Flow Charts, and etc.
      You must clear with your problem, solution automatically comes, mostly programmers or developers do not work on paper. So, clearing in your problem's identification is core thing in programming. Programming is 20% of overall problem. Autometa, Discreate Mathematics, Data Structures and OOP can increase 20% (Programming ability)

      ----------
      Regards
      Zahid Iqbal
      Web Developer
      Air University Islamabad
      Cell1:0312-5112014
      Office:051-9263412
      Web: http://www.zahidibal.info
      Blogs: http://www.blogs.zahidiqbal.info
      IM: ma_jinah@...

      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 4, 2010

        Dear Tonu vai

        I enjoyed your session “JavaScript Wash” in PHP eXpert  group seminar. I am practicing PHP for 2/3 years. I know basics of programming as well as PHP.  Recently I found that I could not solve complex problems, that’s why I asked that question. I would like to extend myself. Like, I know the basics of OOP in PHP, now I am looking for something advanced in OOP. I am not familiar with “Data Structure”. I like algorithms. I am looking for algorithms from less complex to more complex (is there any site regarding this??). I am also looking for a site to practice. I heard about ACM. But I know little about it. Is it consists of most complex problems?

        Actually I need a ladder to climb to advance level.

        Thanks for reply.

        Foysal

        www.abufoysal.blogspot.com

        As you are asking about improvement of your programming ability.

        Here goes a checklist for you, you should study/do on followings:

        1. Object Oriented Programming concepts and usages.
        2. Data Structure.
        3. Computer Algorithms.
        4. If have interest on Math then go for 'Discrete Math'
        5. Practice more.
        6. Read more about.
        7. ask google.com for any questions got in mind. :)
        8. share ideas among programmers :)
        9. solving acm problems actively ;)

        so on...

        Cheers!

        M A Hossain Tonu
        Blog: http://mahtonu.wordpress.com

        --- In phpexperts@yahoogroups.com, Php Php <nowphp@...> wrote:

        > Hi all
        >
        > I would like to through a question to all of you.
        >
        > How can I improve my programming ability??
        >

        > You can reply this mail or you can share any web link regarding this.
        >

        > thanks all
        >
        > Foysal

      • M A Hossain Tonu
        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 4, 2010
          Hi Foysal,

          Nice to hear that you believe in power of PHP :)

          > Like, I know the basics of OOP in PHP, now I am looking for something advanced in OOP.

          Well if you know the basics of OOP in PHP then 'Design patterns' would be a good read/practice/next level for you.

          https://www.packtpub.com/oop-php-5/book
          Read the sample chapter of this famous book written by Hasin Hayder in order to catch Design Patterns faster.

          >I am not familiar with “Data Structure”. I like algorithms. I am
          > looking for algorithms from less complex to more complex (is there any site
          > regarding this??).

          Yeah, u r using Data Structure all the time u code i.e.

          Data structures can be array,linklist...bla bla..

          For algorithm i suggest you a very basic book named something like 'Computer Algorithms' by Sartaj Sahani aka. sahani book of algorithm. :)

          U can have this book(data structure book also) from any undergraduate cse students or nilkhet.

          >I am also looking for a site to practice. I heard about ACM.
          > But I know little about it. Is it consists of most complex problems?

          http://online-judge.uva.es/problemset/
          http://code.google.com/codejam

          Best Regards

          M A Hossain Tonu
          Blog: http://mahtonu.wordpress.com

          --- In phpexperts@yahoogroups.com, Php Php <nowphp@...> wrote:

          > Dear Tonu vai
          >

          > I enjoyed your session “JavaScript Wash” in PHP eXpert  group seminar. I am practicing PHP for 2/3
          > years. I know basics of programming as well as PHP.  Recently I found that I could not solve
          > complex problems, that’s why I asked that question. I would like to extend myself.
          > Like, I know the basics of OOP in PHP, now I am looking for something advanced
          > in OOP. I am not familiar with “Data Structure”. I like algorithms. I am
          > looking for algorithms from less complex to more complex (is there any site
          > regarding this??). I am also looking for a site to practice. I heard about ACM.
          > But I know little about it. Is it consists of most complex problems?
          >

          > Actually I need a ladder to climb to advance level.
          >

          > Thanks for reply.
          >

          > Foysal
          >

          > www.abufoysal.blogspot.com

        • se_lain
          Message 4 of 7 , Dec 14, 2010
            http://www.php.net/

            That's the most important site you need to know. It's not just basic descriptions and knowledge, but many PHP programmers post useful examples with some being very complex. I found it very helpful for object oriented programming in PHP especially for things like implementing Array Access and Iterator.