Re: [phpXperts] Re: Programming Ability

  • Anjan Bhowmik
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 3, 2010
      Tonu vai has explained it perfectly :D

      Also, as ur experience grows, try following ur common sense and "shortest path algorithm" (NOT quite the algorithm literally) so that u can achieve more in shortest time with better quality.

      This of course will become more noticeable after the 6th point :) but u can start applying that from starting point, which can shorten ur learning time without hampering ur learning :)

      Thanks,
      Anjan

      On 12/4/2010 11:33 AM, M A Hossain Tonu wrote:

      Hi Foysal,

      As you are asking about improvement of your programming ability.

      Here goes a checklist for you, you should study/do on followings:

      1. Object Oriented Programming concepts and usages.
      2. Data Structure.
      3. Computer Algorithms.
      4. If have interest on Math then go for 'Discrete Math'
      5. Practice more.
      6. Read more about.
      7. ask google.com for any questions got in mind. :)
      8. share ideas among programmers :)
      9. solving acm problems actively ;)

      so on...

      Cheers!

      M A Hossain Tonu
      Blog: http://mahtonu.wordpress.com

      --- In phpexperts@yahoogroups.com, Php Php <nowphp@...> wrote:

      > Hi all
      >
      > I would like to through a question to all of you.
      >
      > How can I improve my programming ability??
      >

      > You can reply this mail or you can share any web link regarding this.
      >

      > thanks all
      >
      > Foysal

    • zahid iqbal
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 4, 2010
        Hi, to all
        I like following comments, but all of them are forgetting main thing is the paper work for drawing DFDs, Flow Charts, and etc.
        You must clear with your problem, solution automatically comes, mostly programmers or developers do not work on paper. So, clearing in your problem's identification is core thing in programming. Programming is 20% of overall problem. Autometa, Discreate Mathematics, Data Structures and OOP can increase 20% (Programming ability)

        ----------
        Regards
        Zahid Iqbal
        Web Developer
        Air University Islamabad
        Cell1:0312-5112014
        Office:051-9263412
        Web: http://www.zahidibal.info
        Blogs: http://www.blogs.zahidiqbal.info
        IM: ma_jinah@...

        Also, as ur experience grows, try following ur common sense and "shortest path algorithm" (NOT quite the algorithm literally) so that u can achieve more in shortest time with better quality.

        This of course will become more noticeable after the 6th point :) but u can start applying that from starting point, which can shorten ur learning time without hampering ur learning :)

        Thanks,
        Anjan

        On 12/4/2010 11:33 AM, M A Hossain Tonu wrote:

        Hi Foysal,

        As you are asking about improvement of your programming ability.

        Here goes a checklist for you, you should study/do on followings:

        1. Object Oriented Programming concepts and usages.
        2. Data Structure.
        3. Computer Algorithms.
        4. If have interest on Math then go for 'Discrete Math'
        5. Practice more.
        6. Read more about.
        7. ask google.com for any questions got in mind. :)
        8. share ideas among programmers :)
        9. solving acm problems actively ;)

        so on...

        Cheers!

        M A Hossain Tonu
        Blog: http://mahtonu.wordpress.com

        --- In phpexperts@yahoogroups.com, Php Php <nowphp@...> wrote:

        > Hi all
        >
        > I would like to through a question to all of you.
        >
        > How can I improve my programming ability??
        >

        > You can reply this mail or you can share any web link regarding this.
        >

        > thanks all
        >
        > Foysal

      • Php Php
        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 4, 2010

          Dear Tonu vai

          I enjoyed your session “JavaScript Wash” in PHP eXpert  group seminar. I am practicing PHP for 2/3 years. I know basics of programming as well as PHP.  Recently I found that I could not solve complex problems, that’s why I asked that question. I would like to extend myself. Like, I know the basics of OOP in PHP, now I am looking for something advanced in OOP. I am not familiar with “Data Structure”. I like algorithms. I am looking for algorithms from less complex to more complex (is there any site regarding this??). I am also looking for a site to practice. I heard about ACM. But I know little about it. Is it consists of most complex problems?

          Actually I need a ladder to climb to advance level.

          Thanks for reply.

          Foysal

          www.abufoysal.blogspot.com

          As you are asking about improvement of your programming ability.

          Here goes a checklist for you, you should study/do on followings:

          1. Object Oriented Programming concepts and usages.
          2. Data Structure.
          3. Computer Algorithms.
          4. If have interest on Math then go for 'Discrete Math'
          5. Practice more.
          6. Read more about.
          7. ask google.com for any questions got in mind. :)
          8. share ideas among programmers :)
          9. solving acm problems actively ;)

          so on...

          Cheers!

          M A Hossain Tonu
          Blog: http://mahtonu.wordpress.com

          --- In phpexperts@yahoogroups.com, Php Php <nowphp@...> wrote:

          > Hi all
          >
          > I would like to through a question to all of you.
          >
          > How can I improve my programming ability??
          >

          > You can reply this mail or you can share any web link regarding this.
          >

          > thanks all
          >
          > Foysal

        • M A Hossain Tonu
          Message 4 of 7 , Dec 4, 2010
            Hi Foysal,

            Nice to hear that you believe in power of PHP :)

            > Like, I know the basics of OOP in PHP, now I am looking for something advanced in OOP.

            Well if you know the basics of OOP in PHP then 'Design patterns' would be a good read/practice/next level for you.

            https://www.packtpub.com/oop-php-5/book
            Read the sample chapter of this famous book written by Hasin Hayder in order to catch Design Patterns faster.

            >I am not familiar with “Data Structure”. I like algorithms. I am
            > looking for algorithms from less complex to more complex (is there any site
            > regarding this??).

            Yeah, u r using Data Structure all the time u code i.e.

            Data structures can be array,linklist...bla bla..

            For algorithm i suggest you a very basic book named something like 'Computer Algorithms' by Sartaj Sahani aka. sahani book of algorithm. :)

            U can have this book(data structure book also) from any undergraduate cse students or nilkhet.

            >I am also looking for a site to practice. I heard about ACM.
            > But I know little about it. Is it consists of most complex problems?

            http://online-judge.uva.es/problemset/
            http://code.google.com/codejam

            Best Regards

            M A Hossain Tonu
            Blog: http://mahtonu.wordpress.com

            --- In phpexperts@yahoogroups.com, Php Php <nowphp@...> wrote:

            > Dear Tonu vai
            >

            > I enjoyed your session “JavaScript Wash” in PHP eXpert  group seminar. I am practicing PHP for 2/3
            > years. I know basics of programming as well as PHP.  Recently I found that I could not solve
            > complex problems, that’s why I asked that question. I would like to extend myself.
            > Like, I know the basics of OOP in PHP, now I am looking for something advanced
            > in OOP. I am not familiar with “Data Structure”. I like algorithms. I am
            > looking for algorithms from less complex to more complex (is there any site
            > regarding this??). I am also looking for a site to practice. I heard about ACM.
            > But I know little about it. Is it consists of most complex problems?
            >

            > Actually I need a ladder to climb to advance level.
            >

            > Thanks for reply.
            >

            > Foysal
            >

            > www.abufoysal.blogspot.com

          • se_lain
            Message 5 of 7 , Dec 14, 2010
              http://www.php.net/

              That's the most important site you need to know. It's not just basic descriptions and knowledge, but many PHP programmers post useful examples with some being very complex. I found it very helpful for object oriented programming in PHP especially for things like implementing Array Access and Iterator.