Re: Need Help in Mysql database

  • rubayat2003
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 1, 2010
      Guru

      There are lots of ways you can scale a large MySQL database. Optimization, partitioning, replication etc. are a few of those. I recommend you get the book "High Performance MySQL" to learn these stuff.

      Since you're doing search, you might take a look at Sorl/Lucene. These software are specifically built for facilitate powerful searching.

      Best
      Rubayeet Islam
      http://twitter.com/rubayeet

      --- In phpexperts@yahoogroups.com, nagendra prasad <nagendra802000@...> wrote:

      > Hi All,
      >
      > I have a huge set of MP3 database. My problem is that when I try to search
      > in my database its getting very slow. I was wondering if I split that
      > database into 2 or more tables. Will this improve the speed of searching? Is
      > it the best solution for my problem or is their any other solution?
      >
      > Best,
      > Guru.

    • Tareq Hasan
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 1, 2010
        are you indexing your db table?
        Best regards
        Tareq Hasan
        My Blog (http://tareq.weDevs.com)
        Follow me: (http://twitter.com/tareq_cse)

        On Wed, Jun 30, 2010 at 8:52 PM, nagendra prasad <nagendra802000@...> wrote:

        Hi All,

        I have a huge set of MP3 database. My problem is that when I try to search in my database its getting very slow. I was wondering if I split that database into 2 or more tables. Will this improve the speed of searching? Is it the best solution for my problem or is their any other solution?

        Best,
        Guru.

      • nagendra prasad

          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 17, 2010
            I really don't know why your system would slow down. I remember working on video site out there with more than 100,000 of videos, and the owner wants me to write a live search against the mysql. So far, so good I don't see any slowing down or lagging on the system.

            Double check your script, maybe it is something to do on how the query is requested.

            --- In phpexperts@yahoogroups.com, nagendra prasad <nagendra802000@...> wrote:

            > Hi All,
            >
            > I have a huge set of MP3 database. My problem is that when I try to search
            > in my database its getting very slow. I was wondering if I split that
            > database into 2 or more tables. Will this improve the speed of searching? Is
            > it the best solution for my problem or is their any other solution?
            >
            > Best,
            > Guru.

          • shiplu
            Message 5 of 6 , Jul 18, 2010
              Can you mention 3 things?

              1. Database schema (paste it on pastie.org)
              2. Your search query
              3. Number of records in the tables those are mentioned in the search query on 2.

              Shiplu Mokadd.im
              My talks, http://talk.cmyweb.net
              Follow me, http://twitter.com/shiplu
              SUST Programmers, http://groups.google.com/group/p2psust
              Innovation distinguishes bet ... ... (ask Steve Jobs the rest)